2015 Edge P1450 Code

kenthurgood

I bought a 2015 Ford Edge SEL AWD 2.0 ecoboost, certified on a GM dealership lot.

Vehicle has only 45,000kms, but is over the 3 year warranty.

Being certified on the GM lot, they say it has 3 month 5,000km full warranty.

Within a week of purchase, check engine light came on and this has been an ongoing problem for over 3 weeks.

First, the GM dealer claimed that their tech for Fords was on holidays, then when he did return and found the problem to be the rear purge valve above the fuel tank, they said they had to get in touch with the Ford dealership the vehicle first went into service at.

Funny thing, although 95 kms apart, both dealerships are owned by the same family.

When I went to see why I had not been contacted this week as promised, I was told the person looking after this was on holidays this week and this would be cleared up next week.

I understand some emission items have a longer warranty.

Should I just go to a different Ford dealer and will this be covered by Ford.

I have read online of how major a repair this is.

Appreciate any knowledge.

This TSB for a 2014 probably will apply to yours as well. May need to replace the canister purge valve and or the canister.

Don't know if warranty will apply at a Ford dealership, you would have to post the details for us to review. But does sound like the dealership is giving you the runaround, hardly atypical.