High driver's eye point

Easy manuvering

The interior(Bright and roomy)

Some of the the lows:

Ride is harsh

Gritty-sounding engine

Noticeable road noise

Leather seats hard

I don't agree with a lot of this but it is interesting.

I read that the other day and I thought the Edge AWD did an outstanding job in the performance area considering it is heavier than most. The 6 speed Tranny is outstanding for both performance and fuel economy. The FWD model might have run away with the points as it weighs less and has less powertrain noise and road harshness. :happy feet:

I guess peception is reality for some. 99.9% of the user reviews for the Edge hail the smooth ride of the vehicle. This is the second time I have read of a "punishing ride" (Motor Trend), or a "harsh ride" (C&D). How can this be? Does the Edge really have a poor ride compared to the other crossovers out there?

I guess peception is reality for some. 99.9% of the user reviews for the Edge hail the smooth ride of the vehicle. This is the second time I have read of a "punishing ride" (Motor Trend), or a "harsh ride" (C&D). How can this be? Does the Edge really have a poor ride compared to the other crossovers out there?

I can't agree with you more. Also about the seats. If they think the seats are hard and uncomfortable,

they should drive my wife's 06 Impala.

Seems to me, the mags need to find a reason to nail the Edge....

I love the ride, the handling and power of my Edge...

Just remember the 2007 Edge got slammed for not having a rear lower handle and power lift gate - added on the 2008 - IMO the rear handle takes away from the design lines and makes it look like a mini van from the back... the power liftgate would have been nice...

Let them whine... the proof is in the sales numbers...

Nissan just cut a nice fat check for CD, I mean a HARSH ride! LOL!!! If anything it's a little too floaty.

The engine is best in class, I'm guessing MT thought the engine was "gritty" sounding when they picked the CX-9 for SOTY, or when Wards picked the engine for an award, the VQ vibrates over 5K and the CVT is worse than turbo lag off the line.

The EDGE is so quite... they're clearly slanting this for the new Morono.

The comments about the CX-7 are also quite laughable, last year they loved it, now they can't stand it.

Edited by CreamEDGE.

• 1 month later...

Let's face it, the mags "like" those who advertise in their publications and lambast those who don't. They critcized the Edge when it came out for not having 7 passenger capacity. Ford already had a 7 seater with the Freestyle/Taurus X. Now, they also have the Flex. The bottom line is, the mags are going to continue to punish the domestics and hail the imports like they always have.

It is interesting to see Toyota building an Edge "me too" vehicle in the Venza. Personally, I don't like Toyota's interiors. They are very cheap looking. And now that Toyota has gotten big, they are having major quality issues. Will C&D and Motortrend start hammering on Toyota now? :rockon: