2008 Edge SEL no heat drivers side

r67_vette

Greetings

I have seen this topic posted with replies of what to try but I can't seem to find anyone who says what they did to fix the problem. Towards the end of last winter I could not get heat on the drivers side but passenger side was good. Drivers side just blew cool/cold air. A few years ago I had the cooling system flushed and fluid replaced per a recall from Ford. The other day I took the car out and with an ambient temp of 78 degrees I was only able to register 107 on the drivers side and 149 on the passenger side. The A/C registered 46 degrees on both side. I do not have the dual heat control, one setting controls both driver and passenger sides. Any ideas? thanks Gary

I suggest flushing your heater core again. It is cheap and easy to do. You can even do it yourself with a garden hose & couplings, or better yet with a transfer pump, bucket, hoses, and flush chemical.

Try that before moving on to more expensive diagnostics (removing & testing the heater core, blend door functionality, etc)

Also, a quick check for a clogged up heater core...when it's up to running temperature, feel both heater hoses, they should both be hot.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I finally broke down and while my Edge was at the dealer for the air bag recall I had them check out the heater.  They said the core was blocked and $800 later it was replaced and now I have plenty of heat.  I questioned the blockage as I had taken the Edge in for a coolant flush recall years ago.  They had no real answer so now I'm wondering how long until this new heater core gets blocked.

Gary

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue, makes no sense that it would be the heater core. If it was blocked or even a partial blockage then you would get the same type heat out of both sides not just 1 side. Now I have cold air blowing thru both defrost and heat only on the drivers side. the door that switches from defrost to heat/vents works just fine. could it be the blend door? I have manual heat NOT dual zone. gonna fix this in the spring and looking for some help.

Edited by Ducati

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, Ducati said:

I have the same issue, makes no sense that it would be the heater core. If it was blocked or even a partial blockage then you would get the same type heat out of both sides not just 1 side. Now I have cold air blowing thru both defrost and heat only on the drivers side. the door that switches from defrost to heat/vents works just fine. could it be the blend door? I have manual heat NOT dual zone. gonna fix this in the spring and looking for some help.

I had a not really similar problem with the A/C on a ford contour.  Cold on one side and warm on the other.  Just low Freon and half of the evap. would get cold.  Your heater core could be blocked and only half is getting hot.  There is only one blend door with the manual HVAC.  

Have you thought about having the core reverse flushed. 

• Like 1

The dealership said they tried to flush my heater core (which is what Ford techs told them to do) and still no heat on drivers side.  Like Paul I do not have dual zone heat.  When they said they had to replace the heater core I ask that I could have the old core as I could not wrap my head around how the passenger side would heat and no heat on the drivers side when both sides are using the same heater core.  When I went back to pick up the Edge after the repair the service manager said that the mechanic did not see the note to save the heater core and it was thrown away.  I thought looking at the core would give me some idea of the problem but I do not know anything more now than I did before the problem was fixed.  I do have plenty of heat on both sides since the repair. 
The car is going back to the dealer next month because the gasket between the dash and the windshield is coming out.

Gary

• 11 months later...

Sad situation here.   I just paid for a 2007 Ford Edge with 70,000 miles.  We drove it for a total of 3 hours in 2 days and the heat on the driver side never warmed up. Since it was the weekend we brought it in on Monday, today the 13 of Jan, and heard back that it was a 1700 fix that they would graciously take 15% off since we only had it for 2 days.  They say it is the Evaporator case that needs replacing.   In all the forums I have looked at and read about the heat being room temp/ not hot on the drivers side and beautifully warm on the passenger side, did ANYONE mention the Evaporator case.     Can someone please clarify this for me. Why would one side be good and the other not?     This Edge has the dual temp controls.       I am a newb here and a newb Edge owner, I would greatly appreciate any insight to this mess before I deal with the dealership.   Thank you.