Got my Edge ST!

Jimmyw86

Hello, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself real quick. I work at Ford and just bought my new Edge ST in Ingot Silver. I had a 2018 Mustang GT Premium but Ford bought it back since it needed a new engine at 5k miles. Love it so far but there's a couple of things I'd like to mention on this car. The seat bottom seems to be pretty cramped and I'm 6 feet tall 200 pounds. To get most out of the B&O sound system, make sure to go to the sound options and go to the bottom and switch from stereo to surround. The 8 speed automatic seems to have an issue shifting since it feels like it takes 2 seconds for it to upshift. The turbo lag is definitely there but then again, this car has 87 octane in it. I just filled it with 93 today so I'm sure that will help out in a little while. Handling is surprising for a big SUV and it feels very planted when going around corners. I'm definitely considering a tune later down the road but I'm terrified to do anything now considering they had to replace my engine before. I'm surprised I don't really hear the turbos (tune and intake will take care of that). Probably because of that awful engine note through the sound system. Anyways, I'm very happy with my purchase and hopefully this thing will be a tank and last longer than 5k miles. 

Congrats and good tip on the stereo.  I'm curious as to how my wife's is set as I thought it was a solid upgrade from the Sony already.  Agree on not hearing the turbos at all (and on the awful piped in sound in Sport mode).  I haven't driven it hard but I was surprised to not notice major lag/shift issues in hers based on reviews. Interesting. 

Jimmy  welcome to the club! After reading the  review of your ST it pretty much echos my thoughts. I'm not very happy the way the car drives in sport mode. I've had mine just over a week and otherwise I like the car alot ingot silver,401a,cold weather pkg and 20" wheels. Thanks for the tip on the radio.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 4:27 PM, dacford said:

Jimmy...Apparently you work for a dealer.  When did your dealership order the 400A??  What was the build date and when did it arrive?   I ordered a 400A in Ingot Silver with Nav. & block heater June 13 and still no word on when it will be delivered!

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. It was built on October 14th. It arrived in early November.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:27 PM, Jimmyw86 said:

I'm surprised I don't really hear the turbos (tune and intake will take care of that). Probably because of that awful engine note through the sound system.

Tune (since 2015 nobody has bothered to make an intake for this motor) will not allow the turbos to be heard. Will need some hard pipes for that to happen. Ford has resonators in the factory piping

• Like 2