17 inch chrome wheel solution for $69.00

For $69.00, I found a set of wheelskins on Ebay that snap right on to my 17 inch painted aluminum wheel on my 2007 Edge SE AWD. If you did not know it, you would think they were factory. The 18 and 20 inch wheels on a Ford EDGE are plastic on the outside anyways, so mine are no different. Except that I didn't spend $1000.00.

A very effective, and cheap mod.

For $69.00, I found a set of wheelskins on Ebay that snap right on to my 17 inch painted aluminum wheel on my 2007 Edge SE AWD. If you did not know it, you would think they were factory. The 18 and 20 inch wheels on a Ford EDGE are plastic on the outside anyways, so mine are no different. Except that I didn't spend $1000.00.

A very effective, and cheap mod.

PICTURES PLEASE.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to hear from someone that bought these skins. I have a 2008 SE with the 17" factory wheels.

I don't need to see photos myself, as I don't think a person could really tell from photos. To whomever has tried these skins, do they look like cheap plastic or do they look good?

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone! My car is at a bodyshop getting some bumper repairs done. Anyway, I went on to eBay and bought the 17" chrome wheels skins 10 days ago! I got them today and took one to the shop. WOW - the skin looked great, unbelievable how well it looked. The cover is clipped on inside the wheel on the spokes, you can't see any clips. It looks like a chrome wheel!!!

I'll take photos in a week or so, but I couldn't believe how NICE this makes my 08 Edge! They look like factory chrome wheels, except they don't have the Ford logo. I ordered decals on eBay a few days ago (from a foreign country) that I'll put on the skins.

Once I get the decals on, I'll take photos of the wheels so you all can take a look!

Edited by zhotster

• 4 weeks later...
Did you end up taking pictures? Or did you make a new thread that I missed...

I did take some photos. I will post them up tonight and you can take a look at them. The logos look good, although they are small. I'm very happy with the covers myself, I'll let the guys and gals of the forum decide from there.

post-4103-1227574280_thumb.jpgpost-4103-1227574289_thumb.jpg

I haven't posted photos yet on the site, so bear with me. The car just went through an automated car wash, so it's NOT detailed. Here's a couple of photos. My car is an SE with the fog lights installed. I also bought the chrome covers for the rear view mirrors. Also, the center decals came from eBay, they did not come with the covers.

post-4103-1227574298_thumb.jpg

post-4103-1227574306_thumb.jpg

post-4103-1227574440_thumb.jpg

Edited by zhotster

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted photos yet on the site, so bear with me. The car just went through an automated car wash, so it's NOT detailed. Here's a couple of photos. My car is an SE with the fog lights installed. I also bought the chrome covers for the rear view mirrors. Also, the center decals came from eBay, they did not come with the covers.

Where did you get your fog light harness from?

• 1 year later...

I like this

Just looking for 18 or 19" rims/tires for my 2010 SE (not delivered yet) and I think you are absolutely right

Since link below is not working can you send/post where you got those

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Brother how did you install the fog lamps were those factory?

where were you able to order the decals '

Thanks

Brother how did you install the fog lamps were those factory?

where were you able to order the decals '

Thanks

I bought all the parts from Ford for the fog lamps... Nothing is hooked to the lights, it's all for show only.

I found the decals on eBay. I had to really look to find this size. I glued them on, didn't trust the decal glue.

• 4 months later...

I ordered a set of 4 (now called wheel skins ..not hub caps or wheel disks) from a firm in North Carolina. They match my original silver alloy wheels exactly and fit over top.

Will be putting them on in the spring. In my book they look real nice :-)

Edited by whuzup6

I ordered a set of 4 (now called wheel skins ..not hub caps or wheel disks) from a firm in North Carolina. They match my original silver alloy wheels exactly and fit over top.

Will be putting them on in the spring. In my book they look real nice :-)

Edited by whuzup6
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but I wanted to know how these have held up? I also got a set on eBay for my 2013 Edge and snapped them on today. Only 1 out of 4 really feels tight and secure and the others kinda wiggle a little without much resistance when I gently pull on them. I was very careful when installing them, but surprised at how small the clips are. They really do look nice but I don't want to be paranoid every time I drive that they'll fall off. I'm a stay at home mom, it's not that big of a deal that I'd want to spend the money on rims but they do look nice. Just looking for some input if anyone else has these.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...