Sync 3 radio scan button missing

Hello,

I recently swapped out Sync 2 MFT for Sync 3 and noticed the "scan" option was missing on radio stations and Sirius XM. The scan option was always available on Sync 2 so if I was listening to the radio and didn't know a specific station I could just press scan. That also applied if I was listening to Sirius XM stations. I have a 2014 SEL. 

Can anyone confirm if that option can be enabled via Forscan or did Ford remove the "scan" button on Sync 3? 

Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

If I press seek it will go to the next available radio station but it will not continue to seek. Basically, I can manually tune or seek to a station but I don't have an option on the screen to continuously "scan" like I did with Sync 2. 

Below are my apim settings - 

7D0-01-01     2221     0002     230F 
7D0-01-02     8289     0006     0A21 
7D0-02-01     5553     0A04     4087 
7D0-02-02     0200     8000     005D 
7D0-02-03     0005     E1      
7D0-03-01     0000     0300     005E 
7D0-04-01     0100     0200     09E2 
7D0-04-02     0001     DE 
7D0-05-01     1BA3     1B9B     2B7C 
7D0-05-02     C5A3           
7D0-06-01     809E           
7D0-07-01     0800     3300     001A 
7D0-07-02     0000     186A     0062 
7D0-07-03     0056     5685     0012 
7D0-07-04     7052     

• Thanks 1

Yes as far as I can tell everything else works fine. There is one other thing I noticed. Anytime I adjust my fan speed from the main screen it will not show the current speed level unless I go directly into the climate screen. 

For example, if I adjust my volume for the radio it will briefly pop up on the screen with a number. But if I adjust climate fan speed it never shows the level of fan speed. I can see it however when I go into the climate screen. I have an SEL that has the turn knob below the volume knob for fan speed so not sure if that matters. The fan speed used to also show from the home screen on Sync 2.

Any ideas? Maybe it is a bit value that is wrong since the 2011-14 edge has three different control panels?

Interesting..I can point a link that has a lot of information for the explorer/sync 3, which is similar to us, but my climate so far has not been working almost at all. I can use the physical climate buttons (same interface I think, 2014 SEL), but the climate screen doesn’t display temperature or allow changing its controls. I suspect it may be an issue with having not changed my media hub yet, but otherwise I’m not sure.

the link:

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

I don't think the media hub has to be changed in order for the climate screen to work properly. My apim was pulled from a 2017 Explorer so I had to make quite a few changes to get everything working properly. My understanding is that you can still keep the old media hub wired but Sync 3 will warn you every time you start the vehicle that it isn't compatible. Most of my APIM settings were a combination of my own as-built data from Ford's site and some from a 2017 Edge as-built pulled from a used auto website. I just pulled up a 2017 SEL with similar features to my 14 SEL and most of the values were accepted in Forscan. 

And yes thanks I am familiar with that site because I had to go there for some settings. If you are having trouble with your climate you could probably plug in my settings above and see if that helps. I can interact with both the screen and physical buttons and everything works. Just be sure to backup your original values before you change anything. Otherwise you will have to go to Fords site and enter your VIN to get as-built values. 

• Like 1

Wow your codes worked like a charm, thank you for that! I also like the use of the Lincoln theme, I may keep that. I think my issue may have been with the steering wheel control, I hadn’t been using the one with CGEA1.2, but had been using CGEA1.3. That fixed a lot of issues! Sorry I’m not as much help as you’ve been for me!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, toast1850 said:

Happy to help. Good to hear it's working now. I really like the lincoln theme also, but don't like the lincoln splash when I exit the vehicle. Maybe there is a way to keep Lincoln theme and use Ford splash. I guess I'll tinker with the settings until I figure it out. 

What is different between the Lincoln theme and the Ford theme? Thanks in advance.

Edited by onyxbfly

5 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

What is different between the Lincoln theme and the Ford theme? Thanks in advance.

The difference is mostly color scheme. The Lincoln theme is a more brown/Amber scheme instead of the ford white/blue theme. IMO, the Lincoln theme is easier on the eyes. The tradeoff is that it has a Lincoln splash screen when you turn off your car, which feels a little lame when you, in fact, do not drive a Lincoln. I can still sleep at night with that choice, so I kept it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay @Tim Mallon here is my apim and acm. I don’t think the acm should affect it, unless possibly if you upgraded your acm too? My ACM is non-Sony and only door speakers, so you I’d you have Sony, I probably wouldn’t change the ACM according to mine.

Let me know if this works for you!

Also, do you have push to start or keyed start? Mine is keyed.

93389E84-7C08-4C27-AD11-D1EAD3E72807.jpeg

5E69D473-4F01-4C66-96C7-A5B56DDA8D84.jpeg

@vankingma

Can you confirm if your fan speed displays on the main home screen if you adjust it? My audio volume will briefly display on the main screen if I turn up or down the volume but not my actual climate fan speed. I was curious if yours works properly. Most of my values match yours but I have had to make minor changes since my Edge had the 4" Sync screen. I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks

Oh I see what you’re saying, I do have volume rotary on all screens, but I do not have a similar one for fan speed, and I didn’t know whether or not to expect that. I see the normal indication on the climate screen, but that’s it. Sorry I didn’t realize earlier.

If this is a feature other vehicles have, it could potentially be specific to the different climate system in the vehicle?

So you are seeing a brief icon/indicator pop up on all your screens if you adjust the rotary knob? Lets say you are in the Navigation screen, if you adjust the rotary knob for fan speed does it briefly show on the screen? Or does it know show anything unless you actually go in the climate screen? 

Thanks. Just trying to understand correctly.