Still towable 4 wheels down?

AC7880

You can view the Owners Manual directly from this link.

TOWING THE VEHICLE ON FOUR WHEELS - 2.7L

Emergency Towing
WARNING
If your vehicle has a steering wheel lock make sure the ignition is in the accessory or on position when being towed.

If your vehicle becomes inoperable without access to wheel dollies or a vehicle transport trailer, it can be flat-towed with all wheels on the ground, regardless of the powertrain and transmission configuration, under the following conditions:
  • Your vehicle is facing forward for towing in a forward direction.
  • Refer to the Manual Park Release procedure. See  Automatic Transmission.  Failing to do so may result in damage to the transmission.
  • Maximum speed is 35 mph (56 km/h).
  • Maximum distance is 50 mi (80 km).
Recreational Towing
Note:  Put your climate control system in recirculated air mode to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the vehicle. See Climate Control
Follow these guidelines if you have a need for recreational towing. An example of recreational towing would be towing your vehicle behind a motorhome. We designed these guidelines to prevent damage to your transmission.
You can recreational tow your vehicle with all four wheels on the ground using the Manual Park Release procedure, or with all four wheels off the ground using a vehicle transport trailer. If you are using a vehicle transport trailer, follow the instructions specified by the equipment provider.
If you recreational tow your vehicle with all four wheels on the ground:
  • Only tow your vehicle in the forward direction.
  • Refer to the Manual Park Release procedure. See  Automatic Transmission.  Failing to do so may result in damage to the transmission.
  • Do not exceed 65 mph (105 km/h).

•  

This really got my attention because my owners manual and the one I downloaded from the Ford webpage say the complete opposite, do not recreational flat tow. Not wanting to be too cantankerous in my first post I did a little research. It turns out that the owners manuals on the Ford website are in conflict. The HTML version says you can recreational flat tow and the PDF version says you cannot.

The page provided by Omar above is from the HTML version of the owners manual. Here is the page from the PDF version. (page 253)

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2019-Ford-Edge-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_07_2018.pdf

I don’t know if you can flat tow or not but I guess I would take both pages to the dealer and them what’s up.  Here is a link to the Ford page with both versions of the owners manual.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals-search-results.html?type=ymm&year=2019&make=Ford&model=Edge

Towing.jpg

Edited by Sledder
clarification

My first guess would be that the PDF would be a 1st print while the html version is the always the latest, in the PDF version there is no difference between both drivetrains (2.0 or 2.7) while the html version does. 

Anyway, found the Ford Towing guide and it says the same thing as the html version, the 2.0L 4 cyl cannot be towed on 4 wheels while the 2.7L V6 AWD can.