Unleashed tunes.., which ones to get

diesel97

Options are usually economy and performance tunes in the octane grade of your choice - 87, 89,91,93 etc. 

All tunes will improve transmission behavior.  Economy tunes do cut back a little on power, while delivering, in my case 10-15% better fuel economy (2010 fusion sport).  I do not recommend economy tunes for enthusiasts tho :)  The performance tunes are better suited for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diesel97 said:

I understand that save the OEM tune but have read that stuff happens and you get a corrupted file then you need to go to the dealer for a reflash. Some people copy and store theirs on a drive

you can also save the oem file to your computer. I keep mine there. Though I've been tuned for the past 40k miles and even had transmission housing replaced with tune applied.

• Like 2

I would consider saving the file to a labeled reliable USB device and marking the contents, then socking away with your critical assets.  Probably overkill, but you want it to be easily available to you, in case you decide to sell the vehicle, or you have to replace the PCM, etc.  It is a safety measure, insurance.  Hope you don't need it, but have it if you do :)

• Like 1