No GPS No Audio - APIM Question

Morning all,

Battery died, boosted - now I have the red 'GPS' symbol and absolutely no audio controls (won't even take or eject a CD). Everything else works fine (Bluetooth pairing - but no audio). Did a master reset, no change. is the APIM module and the audio part the same unit? The power/volume button doesn't do anything (no volume control) but heated seats, HVAC/Climate is fine.. just seems to be GPS and Audio. I'm curious if a new APIM unit would fix everything, and if it's worth buying myself and trying to install (or if anyone has any other suggestions).

2016 vehicle, 70k (km) - Car is just out of warranty. ?

Change battery & check if problem is fixed. With everything being sensitive to battery voltage, that's where i would start. Yes, the vehicle is running, but doesn't mean that the battery can support running electronics.

There's also a parameter in forscan than resets the battery parameters. Meaning, when the battery is replaced, you reset this so the ecu knows you have a new battery & it changes the charging parameters & whatnot. 

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, woelfman said:

It was a pain to get to.  I had to lay on the floor and reach up behind the panel to the bottom left of the steering column and pull the fuses with a needle nose pliers.

Hey Woelfman,

Based on your description I'll guess you have a Gen2 Edge.  Next time you have to fiddle with the interior fuse box try removing the dashboard coin tray/panel (depending on year) to the left of the steering column.  That'll let you see the fuse box while you're reaching up under the dash with your pliers (or a proper plastic fuse puller). 
If you have a '15-17 Edge you probably have the drawer.  Open it then reach in (palm up) and pull hard from the top.  The clips will release and the entire drawer assembly will slide right out.  If you have an '18 or later just pop the panel off.