Sync connection error message on engine start

JCrew7384

Can someone tell me what this message means (pic attached). I have connected to WiFi from my driveway, and clicked the update software link. It spins for a while but nothing usually happens. However every time I start my car away from home I get this pop up that doesn’t go away without a click. Will it always pop up if I am not in range of my home WiFi? I don’t understand how to enable it to check through the FordPass app. 

6E3DA819-BA8B-46D3-9E40-D716DCC4D315.jpeg

I see the data one periodically but not sure how to replicate each time. Whereas the update one I get any time I am not at my home Wifi. The note says you can connect to Wifi OR through the FordPass app. Does anyone know what that means?

Is there a way with FORSCAN to turn these off? Super annoying.

7 hours ago, JCrew7384 said:

I see the data one periodically but not sure how to replicate each time. Whereas the update one I get any time I am not at my home Wifi. The note says you can connect to Wifi OR through the FordPass app. Does anyone know what that means?

Is there a way with FORSCAN to turn these off? Super annoying.

It is because you were connected to wifi and it started checking for a Sync Update.  Since there are not a lot of Sync updates then there really is no need for it to check every time you start the car.  SO just turn it off.  It will try to connect via FordPass as well but if you have no setup your wifi hotspot then it will fail there as well.  Just turn off the auto update in the Syn settings and it will not pop up again.