Fuel Vapor Canister

gdguyer

Has anyone had problems with the fuel vapor canister going bad?

I've searched quite a bit online and have only found things regarding the purge valve.

I took my 2011 Edge (3.5l with 67000 miles) in for the cylinder misfire with heavy acceleration. 1st dealer (Non-Ford dealer that I purchased from) checked it out, replicated problem and said they don't want to work on the car and to take to ford. 2nd dealer (local ford dealer) said its bad plugs, which is plausible. and the evap canister. After 2 days of searching online I haven't found anything related to evap canister problems on the edge.

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2019 at 4:15 PM, gdguyer said:

Purge valve has already been done. They want to do the vapor canister. As of now I haven't found anyone online reporting problems with the cannister. Link to part below.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/cannister-fuel-vapour-store-6537445-1#sectionId:4432142

Evap canister is not considered a wear item. AFAIK most cars go to tomb with OEM canister. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Liptoss said:

EVAP systems take a sh*% kicking in the summers. DO NOT OVER FILL your vehicle like your old man did with his '60's or 70's vehicles.

I just stop on the first click now.  Sometimes I'll do a second click but I'm not taking any chances.