BOTH keyfobs quit working!!??

chefduane

So I've got a problem here....   Seems that both keyfobs quit working but not at the same time.  I was doing an oil change when one of them quit working.  I figured it was the fob battery so I got the other keyfob and it worked fine.  Got the oil changed and then did a few errands like buying new fob batteries.  I get home and change the batteries in both fobs and now neither of them work!  I know how to change a battery so that is not the issue.  I even put back in the old battery so see if that was the issue.  Nope.  So now I have 2 non-functioning fobs with no way to get into my car.  I have no clue as to what the digit code is in the door pad to open it up that way either.  Any suggestions??

OK, so I watched a MacT video and found out how to get into the car and get it started.  THANK YOU MacT for the instructional vid.  I guess I'll visit my dealer tomorrow and figure out what's going on.  One other question... I noticed on one of my fobs the 'secret key' that is enclosed in the back of the fob is missing.  Is that something that has to be replaced by the dealer or can one be found more easily?  Thanks for any info!!

I had a similar problem with my key flob if you take the key flob apart you will note small metal disks on all the pressure points if the disks have moved then the control will not work. They will need to be glued down again in the centre. 

A little frustrating as not all glue works, I finally used medallion adhesive 

2 hours ago, dragster13 said:

I had a similar problem with my key flob if you take the key flob apart you will note small metal disks on all the pressure points if the disks have moved then the control will not work. They will need to be glued down again in the centre. 

A little frustrating as not all glue works, I finally used medallion adhesive.

I don't think that would be the case here because as per OP even the intelligent access did not work (unlocking the door when the fob is close and pulling the door handle).

2 hours ago, chefduane said:

Is that something that has to be replaced by the dealer or can one be found more easily?  Thanks for any info!!

You can find blank keys online, like eBay (link) or Amazon (link), and then have any locksmith cut it using the other key.