In-Channel side window deflectors

I'd like to get a set of side window deflectors (vent guards) for my wife's 2008 Edge. I prefer the ones that mount in the window channel. I've used these on several of my vehicles in the past and have had both the outside glue/tape mounted ones and the in-channel ones. I prefer the ones mounted in the window channel. In reading through some of the posts I've seen some that say they installed them and they work great but no brand mentioned. There is one post that says the Lund brand is a problem in that they are not beveled and when the window closes it strikes the shade and the window automatically reverses. I've seen other posts that mention installing the Lund brand but no mention of a problem.

Has anyone installed a set of in-channel mounted window vents that worked fine with no problems and if so what brand did you buy? I'd like to get a prooven product that someone has installed and knows first hand they work with no problems.

I'd like to get a set of side window deflectors (vent guards) for my wife's 2008 Edge. I prefer the ones that mount in the window channel. I've used these on several of my vehicles in the past and have had both the outside glue/tape mounted ones and the in-channel ones. I prefer the ones mounted in the window channel. In reading through some of the posts I've seen some that say they installed them and they work great but no brand mentioned. There is one post that says the Lund brand is a problem in that they are not beveled and when the window closes it strikes the shade and the window automatically reverses. I've seen other posts that mention installing the Lund brand but no mention of a problem.

Has anyone installed a set of in-channel mounted window vents that worked fine with no problems and if so what brand did you buy? I'd like to get a prooven product that someone has installed and knows first hand they work with no problems.

I don't personally have the in-channel vents because the ford ones were installed free by the dealer when I purchased my Edge but the ones from Weather Tech seem nice and I think a few people here on the site have them installed.

Thanks. Took a look at the Weathertech website link you provided and they have the best instructions of any site I have looked at. They also specifically talk about how to deal with the automatic safety feature on the window so they hopefully have designed these to work with the Edge. I've ordered a set.

Some posts talk about the OEM Ford ones that glue on pulling off the paint. I've had a couple vehicles with the OEM glue on ones and never had that problem. My daughter's Escape had Ford glue on guards and we took them off after about two years and had no paint issues. We have an Infiniti SUV with factory glue on ones and no paint issues. The problem I have with the glue on ones is they do seem to eventually come loose and you have to reglue them at some point though. Not a big issue but the in-channel ones do seem to avoid that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I HIGHLY recommend the MacNeil WeatherTech's:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...8&Year=2008

I also have this (Cargo Area Protector)

And the full set of these (Front/Rear Floor Protectors)

This is all top notch stuff, and it fits perfectly.

When I bought mine a year or so ago, the 4 deflectors, rear cargo protector and front/rear protectors totalled around $350 shipped. I do not regret it one bit. After one year the rear cargo area and front/rear carpets on my edge show ZERO wear. Not even a footprint :)

-Larry

Larry,

Do you recall how long it may have taken to get your order from Weathertech? I ordered these things on June 27, received an email reply that day my order had been received and a month later I still haven't received them. Seems a bit long.

We ordered the all weather floormats with my wife's Edge just to protect the carpet and carpet mats but these look like they will provide a lot more protection. My wife is the only driver of her Edge 98% of the time though.

I do like the cargo mat. She has a Limited model with the carpeted cargo area and keeps plastic in it all the time when she is hauling plants or potting soil or something similar.

I HIGHLY recommend the MacNeil WeatherTech's:

I also have this (Cargo Area Protector)

And the full set of these (Front/Rear Floor Protectors)

This is all top notch stuff, and it fits perfectly.

When I bought mine a year or so ago, the 4 deflectors, rear cargo protector and front/rear protectors totalled around $350 shipped. I do not regret it one bit. After one year the rear cargo area and front/rear carpets on my edge show ZERO wear. Not even a footprint :)

-Larry

Hi Larry!

How well have the rain deflectors held up in a year's time? Bought some for my wife's van and my F150 about 4 years ago (not from Weathertech) and within a year or 2 they were coming loose (adhesive) and have since cracked in a few places. Looking for something more durable.

Thanks!

Michael,

Two years wasn't much. I have a set on a Mazda pick up I installed when I bought it new 8 years ago and they still look good as new. No scratches, chips or or anything. They are the in-channel ones though. I got them at an Autozone off the rack. They had them instock I guess for the F150 which the B4000 is a clone of.

Michael,

Two years wasn't much. I have a set on a Mazda pick up I installed when I bought it new 8 years ago and they still look good as new. No scratches, chips or or anything. They are the in-channel ones though. I got them at an Autozone off the rack. They had them instock I guess for the F150 which the B4000 is a clone of.

Yeah, I'm not happy at all. Well actually I got past it a few years ago, but want to make sure I buy the right set for the Edge. If they work out well, I'm sure I'll replace the ones for the van and truck.