sirius xm deals

hello...…..my truck has had Sirius xm in it since it was bought new in 2011. we recently purchased a new edge and it included a trial of Sirius xm. naturally Sirius keeps sending me emails to add this new vehicle to my Sirius account. they claim a family discount of up to 35 percent. anyone have Sirius in more than one vehicle and what sort of discounts are you getting? 

I have had Sirius since they started in pretty much every vehicle since then.  If you threaten to cancel at every renewal or cancel just before renewal, 5 or 6 month intervals, then you get a deal.  I pay $29 to $35 every 5 to 6 months, for that period, just by giving them a call and telling them I really only listen to a few channels on my ride to work and back every day and hear the same songs everytime so it is not worth the standard $15-$20 a month so if I do not get a better deal then I see no need to keep it.  They suggest the plan for $5 a month and charge my card on file and I am on my way.  Crappy that you need to actually call them for this and can no do it online but oh well.  I have not paid full price since after like the first year or two I had it almost 20 years ago.  My parents do the same thing on their cars.  You just need to make sure you try to cancel before it auto renews and charges your card again.  I get emails so I know when the 'promotion' ends and I need to call again.  If they do autocharge it then you call and they refund and give you the 'deal'.  My mom has to do this because she always forgets.  Good luck.

Seeing as I only used the radio for my work commute I don't believe it cost effective to extend it past the initial free 6 months - I only listen to classic rock, and have two good radio stations in my area for that.

Be careful when declining the Sirius service - the associate almost cancelled my free 5 year traffic as well.