Had my first really bad shift today

neotechpc

Feb 2019 build date. 

Went to accelerate out of a right turn on red, made it through whatever first gear it was using, heard a clunk and it just sort of stopped accelerating for about 1.5-2sec. Then it found a forward gear and continued. This is the only really BAD shift I've had, though I've had a few other non perfect ones. This was in non-sport mode, just regular D. About 300miles on it presently, so not a ton of testing. 

Curious about other experiences along these lines? It's one of those things that its going to be hard to reproduce when I eventually bring it in.

55 minutes ago, neotechpc said:

Feb 2019 build date. 

Went to accelerate out of a right turn on red, made it through whatever first gear it was using, heard a clunk and it just sort of stopped accelerating for about 1.5-2sec. Then it found a forward gear and continued. This is the only really BAD shift I've had, though I've had a few other non perfect ones. This was in non-sport mode, just regular D. About 300miles on it presently, so not a ton of testing. 

Curious about other experiences along these lines? It's one of those things that its going to be hard to reproduce when I eventually bring it in.

My 2011 sport with the 6F55 did that a few times. eventually a TSB was released that addressed it. Seemed to almost skip 2nd gear most of the time after the TSB though. 

My ST has done a few really clunky shifts and the bucking into 3rd fairly frequently now but will only hesitate when traction control is needed (Moderate throttle around a sandy turn).

• Like 1