july incentives ?

snowdevil

Hello all I am new to this site and was just looking around. We are looking to buy an 08 edge limited here in mass and was at the dealer

but the car they have comming in won't be here till july 7 th so we couldn't iron out a price till they know what july incentives will be. Does anyone here have info on what july will bring? right now they where offering 0% financing +1500 + 1000 for a competor rebate.

right now the deal we had was going to be invoice minus rebates. I got a look at the build sheet and saw the axz and employee pricing and want to know how I can get them down to those numbers minus rebates? is it possible to buy for under dealer invoice and if so I need some

advice and tips...

also I plan on selling our truck out right but if the time line gets pushed up and I have to trade it in the will not give me a fare price because they only called a couple of used car lots to see if they where interested in our 04 avalanche w/103,000 miles and they say nobody want that truck so I get to take it hard on the trade. not fare as I have bought 6 new vehicles from them so far and just want a far shake on our trade if need be..they offered us $8,000 and we need to get $10,000 trade in kbb is $12,000 any any thoughts on this?

Dude, whats your zip code???

Hello all I am new to this site and was just looking around. We are looking to buy an 08 edge limited here in mass and was at the dealer

but the car they have comming in won't be here till july 7 th so we couldn't iron out a price till they know what july incentives will be. Does anyone here have info on what july will bring? right now they where offering 0% financing +1500 + 1000 for a competor rebate.

right now the deal we had was going to be invoice minus rebates. I got a look at the build sheet and saw the axz and employee pricing and want to know how I can get them down to those numbers minus rebates? is it possible to buy for under dealer invoice and if so I need some

advice and tips...

also I plan on selling our truck out right but if the time line gets pushed up and I have to trade it in the will not give me a fare price because they only called a couple of used car lots to see if they where interested in our 04 avalanche w/103,000 miles and they say nobody want that truck so I get to take it hard on the trade. not fare as I have bought 6 new vehicles from them so far and just want a far shake on our trade if need be..they offered us $8,000 and we need to get $10,000 trade in kbb is $12,000 any any thoughts on this?

advice and tips...

Hi snowdevil. :D The current Incentives programs in your area run through 6/30, and are as follows: $1000 Retail Customer Cash, $1000 Retail Customer Cash and $500 Ford Credit Bonus Customer Cash. The website does not mention a $1,000 Competitive Vehicle Incentive, but it is possible that it is only a Regional Incentive so not listed.

No one other than Ford would know yet what the July Incentives will be, and they do not make that information public beforehand. However, with the current state of the economy, July's Incentives will likely be equal to or greater than those currently available.

As far as pricing: You should certainly be able to get pricing down to the Invoice level minus rebates with good negotiating skills. X-Plan pricing is only a hundred dollars or so below Invoice price, so you may be able to approach that, then also subtract available Incentives.

However, you will not be able to get the Dealer down to AZ-Plan pricing. AZ-Plan (Ford Employee/Retiree) pricing will be a quite a bit lower than Invoice or X-Plan pricing, and D-Plan (Dealer Employee) pricing is only $100 more than AZ-Plan. Without a AZ-Plan PIN, AZ-Plan pricing (and then still expecting to get Incentives/Rebates subtracted) would be an extremely unrealistic expectation.

Ford is offering "Employee Pricing" on their slower selling (due to gas prices) large trucks, but the Edge is not included in that Incentive Program as they are selling in good numbers.

Concerning your trade-in: If you want a fair price, your only option is to sell it on your own. You will never receive a fair offer from a Dealership. Even if they had someone who wanted to buy your truck for $20,000, they would still tell you they had no one interested. They are in business to make money on your new car purchase and your trade-in. The Dealer offers you the option of a "trade-in" as a service to you, and you pay for the privilege of that service.

Put "For Sale" signs on it now and let any interested buyers know that you are waiting for a new car to arrive. I always do the same and have always been able to find a buyer willing to wait. Additionally, if your vehicle comes in earlier, tell the Dealer you can not purchase until you get a private buyer for your truck, or a fairer trade-in value for it. If they feel they will have to wait for the sale, they may up their trade-in offer.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

The rumor is employee pricing (A-Plan) on most vehicles July 1. Good for you - nothing for me (since I get it anyway!).

The real question is -- will they eliminate some of the current incentives to fund the "employee Pricing"? We will know tomorrow.

The rumor is employee pricing (A-Plan) on most vehicles July 1. Good for you - nothing for me (since I get it anyway!).

The real question is -- will they eliminate some of the current incentives to fund the "employee Pricing"? We will know tomorrow.

I expect they will, but you never know. Are we sure it's A plan? They're calling it Family plan which to me indicates X plan but that's just my guess and is probably wrong.

thanks for all the info and it looks like we just need to wait till the morning.

one more question about ford warranty. my wife does a lot of driving and the factory 36,000 mile warranty is usally up in 1.5 years, so I was considering getting a 100,000 mile extended warranty. my question is what is dealer cost on these and what should I be able to buy it for? any insight would be helpful

Thanks Keith

thanks for all the info and it looks like we just need to wait till the morning.

one more question about ford warranty. my wife does a lot of driving and the factory 36,000 mile warranty is usally up in 1.5 years, so I was considering getting a 100,000 mile extended warranty. my question is what is dealer cost on these and what should I be able to buy it for? any insight would be helpful

Thanks Keith

The powertrain warranty is actually 5 yrs/60k miles. 100K extended warranty should be in the $1500-$2000 range. As reliable as these vehicles seem to be (PTU gasket notwithstanding) I would pocket the money and take your chances.

The powertrain warranty is actually 5 yrs/60k miles. 100K extended warranty should be in the $1500-$2000 range. As reliable as these vehicles seem to be (PTU gasket notwithstanding) I would pocket the money and take your chances.

so they seem to be holding up well? how many miles do people have on them that you know of? what is a ptu gasket? and at what milage are they seeing trouble?

I have a f-350 diesel 2008 and like the 100,000 mile engine warranty that is why I was going to look into it for her edge. thanks..

so they seem to be holding up well? how many miles do people have on them that you know of? what is a ptu gasket? and at what milage are they seeing trouble?

I have a f-350 diesel 2008 and like the 100,000 mile engine warranty that is why I was going to look into it for her edge. thanks..

The PTU gasket is showing up within the first year so it's not a long term concern. I was basing the quality estimate on other similar new Ford vehicles like the Fusion which has been out for almost 3 years and is built on the same platform. The problems that are being seen now are normally parts or engineering issues that show up under warranty and once fixed do not reoccur. Squeaks, rattles and chronic parts failures are not common.

There are no guarantees of course, and every mfr puts out a lemon from time to time. Personally, I'd rather keep the money in my pocket. The odds are always in your favor over the long term (over several vehicles). If it wasn't then warranty companies would go broke.

Bought our new edge limited last night and did pretty well with the incentives $2,500 and 0% financing.should be in next week. ended up being 31,177 out the door pretty well loaded up . I can get the 100,000 warranty for $ 1097.00 really thinking about it just trying to find out what actual dealer cost is.

Does any one know this? 48 month 100,000 premium care warranty. seems like nice added insurance for only $18.00 a month 0 %

Any vehicle I actually buy I get premium care, if I lease I get wear care insurance. I just know my luck and hate suprise vehicle costs while I'm making a payment. It's bad enough what a vehicle costs me every month withour repair costs on top of it.

Bought our new edge limited last night and did pretty well with the incentives $2,500 and 0% financing.should be in next week. ended up being 31,177 out the door pretty well loaded up . I can get the 100,000 warranty for $ 1097.00 really thinking about it just trying to find out what actual dealer cost is.

Does any one know this? 48 month 100,000 premium care warranty. seems like nice added insurance for only $18.00 a month 0 %

Hi snowdevil. :D I just wanted to ask a few questions and possibly give some advice.

1 - Do you know that your vehicle comes with a 3 Year/36,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty and a 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranty?

2 - How many miles do you normally drive a year?

3 - Will you be driving 25,000 miles a year?

Here is the reason I ask. If you will not be driving close to 25,000 miles a year, you are paying $1,100 for only one more year of Bumper to Bumper Coverage (3 years vs. 4 years), since the 4 years will run out long before you drive 100,000 miles.

For example, you can get a 4 year/48,000 mile, 60,000 mile, etc etc. Or 5 year/36,000 mile, 48,000 mile, 60,000 mile etc. Of course, there are many more combinations, up to 7 years/100,000 miles (I believe).

To give you an idea: I have a 2001 Mercury Cougar. Taking my low annual mileage usage into consideration, I purchased a 7 year/36,000 miles Premium Care Extended Warranty. My 7 years will be up this September, and I currently have 32,000 miles on it (made a lucky guess and pretty much hit the mileage nail on the head). If I had purchased a 48,000, 60,000 or 100,000 mileage limit, I would have paid more for mileage I never used (the higher the years and/or mileage, the higher the cost).

In other words, there are other ESP Plan time and mileage durations that may better fit your driving habits (and save you money). 25,000 miles a year just seems like a lot of driving (well at least for me).

Additionally, have you used the Ford ESP site to see which ESP Plan suits your driving needs the best?

Here is a link: LINK: Ford ESP Plans

You can use the website to shop Plans, Prices and Year/Mileage combinations. The Plan prices on this site are the Ford List Prices (MSRP). you can also use this pricing to leverage better pricing from your Dealer. The pricing of ESP Plans are negotiable, just like a cars purchase price.

I hope my explanations are not too confusing, and please forgive me in advance if you already knew this information. I just figured better safe than sorry.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

thanks for the info it all is helpful in making a decission.. we both drive alot of miles per year that is why I am considering the additional coverage. I have an 08 super duty bought last august and just turned 30,000 but the diesel comes with a factory 100,000 mile warranty.

The edge is for my wife and she also racks up the milage as she just sold her avalanche wich we bought in sept 2004 and just sold with

104,000 miles. The power train warranty sounds pretty good but it is the little stupid things that can add up to be a killer over 100,000 miles. the piece of mind for 18.00 a week seems like a good deal in my mind. I am going toi check out the links posted and make a decission next week.

thanks

Stop thinking about it as $18/month and think about the total cost.

As an example (YMMV):

My last 3 vehicles were kept 2 years beyond the factory warranty. 2 rangers and a Lincoln LS. No repairs out of warranty other than maintenance items.

My wife's last 2 vehicles were kept 2 years (Expedition) and 1 year (Aviator) beyond the factory warranty. No repairs, although the Aviator probably would have required some work over the next 2 years if we hadn't traded it in for a new Edge.

If I had purchased extended warranties on these 5 vehicles it would have cost me $7500 ($1500 each). Right now I'm $7500 ahead. Even if I had to buy a new engine for $4K tomorrow, I'm still $3500 ahead.

The only time I advocate buying an extended warranty of any kind is if you simply cannot afford to pay for an unexpected larger repair out of pocket. Then you buy the warranty up front and finance it so you're making a small monthly payment rather than a single large repair bill.

If it somehow gives you "peace of mind" to have a warranty then fine. Just understand that the odds of recovering what you spend or even breaking even are not in your favor. If it was, the warranty providers would go out of business.

It appears that this particular topic regarding July incentives has somehow mutated into

a conversation regarding extended warranties. Now back to July incentives. I see Ford has done

nothing other than extend current Edge incentives to July 7th that were to expire June 30th.

What will be coming July 8th? Ford better do something better, because GM has struck a nerve

by offering 0% financing for up to 72 months. A guy I work with just got a new Chevy Equinox (which I don't care for myself), and he says he got the incentives and 0% for 72 in a deal he couldn't say no to.

He's extremely happy with the deal he got. Ford better wake up before it's to late.

I drive by my local Ford dealer everyday on the way home, and the place is a graveyard.

Hi hvacbob. :D Well, just to keep things in context, "Snowdevil" was the original poster who asked about Incentives, and "Snowdevil" was also the individual who then asked about Extended Warranties, so it mutated at his/her request. We just "aims" to please!

But trust me, I know what you mean about "subject drift" and "post hijackings" in other cases.

Concerning the Incentive question: Ford, like most automakers in this uncertain economy, will probably be adjusting Incentives on a running/flexible basis, especially considering the fact that many of their models are at the end of the 2008 model year cycle with 2009's arriving as we speak. Incentives will be adjusted regionally to help reduce vehicle stock in areas that need it. So essentially, there will be Incentives in other areas of the country that you /I will not even hear about in our Region (and vice-versa). It is one of the recent changes Ford has made at the request of their Dealership body: More flexibility in dealing with regional overstocks of particular models.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530