My Vista Roof Sunshade "flaps" like a flag...Yours?

hmmm... this does not ring a bell for me. I know, in the past on my old VW, there was an odd equilibrium you had to meet with window(s) open or the inside of the car would pop your ear drums. Well, I was damn happy that did not exist in my Edge. I have no noticed this as an issue. I do not drive much with the drivers window down and sunshade closed (must be the configuration you are in I assume), but I have noticed nothing I would call odd.

I have noticed that as well. That sunshade is pretty thin, in fact if you press on it you will notice alot of give. Best advice is to have it open when your windows are open at higher speeds.

It has to be thin - otherwise it wouldn't be able to roll up.

just a quick follow up.. I tested this last night on the way home from a nice sunset ocean swim.... ahhh, the beauty of summer in SoCal... anyway, I did not have this issue. I was going right in that speed you report, and even faster at times and slower, and with all windows up and drivers down and sunshade closed, I report nothing I would notice enough to report.

i have the same problem on my Edge as well. i figured it's just bad engineering, so i keep the sun shade open. so are you telling me it's not a common issue?

I have the same problem on my 08 LTD. I am sure its the rear middle seat belt. Makes the flapping noise just as you described when the window is open. I assume that is what you mean. Good luck.

I have the same problem on my 08 LTD. I am sure its the rear middle seat belt. Makes the flapping noise just as you described when the window is open. I assume that is what you mean. Good luck.

i am talking about the Vista roof sun shade, the flapping is so visible you don't have to guess what is making the noise.