Dinging followed by all indicator lights flashing crazily

While driving my 2013 Ford Edge with the 3.5 engine to work this morning, at least three times the vehicle Dings and then all of the indicator lights flashed and then just stopped and no lights stayed on indicating what issue it was trying to signal. During my drive home the same thing happened twice with all indicator lights flashing erratically then stopped abruptly. During this malfunction, the vehicle drove fine. I have never had any issues with this car until now.

Any one have any ideas?

Welcome!

ALL the lights?  As in what flashes at startup time?  May be loss of power which would typically indicate a throttle body issue.  If codes were set, they would have to be read before the next time the engine is started, because the throttle body codes P211x are "temporary".  If you do not already have an OBD II adapter and software on your smart device, highly recommend getting so equipped, and carrying in your vehicle.

According to my wife every idiot light in the dashboard cluster blinks erratically flashes on and off on and off ding ding ding dings and then does it rapidly and then it shuts off, with the car never losing power. never felt weird or out of the ordinary as she was driving. Today I am taking the car to work I do have an OBD plugged in and I'm watching it as I drive. It did not show any codes last night when I plugged it in maybe today it'll happen again and I'll pick up something. I was just wondering if anybody else had an issue with their Ford Edge with this.

One thing I forgot to mention is that we've had this car now for about three and a half years and last October we were driving along and a large doe jumped out in front of us and messed up the whole front end of the vehicle. After $9,200 worth of repairs its back on the road and we haven't had any problems. Perhaps something came loose and is freaking the car out. I best check all the connections around the computer and the battery.

34 minutes ago, Markko1962 said:

I considered that but it fires up with no problems. Turn the key and vroom. No unnecessary cranking. I wonder if there is a ground issue. I know one thing, electrical problems are a son of a gun to pinpoint.

Just because the vehicle starts doesn't mean the battery isn't flaky.  Have it checked with a digital tester that checks CCAs and replace it if it's not up to snuff.  Weak batteries do cause all sorts of strange seemingly unrelated issues.

Second guess would be loose PCM wires or a bad ground.