Battery Parasitic Drain

khspe2

Hello, I am new to the forum.

I have a question regarding testing for a parasitic drain on my battery. I recently had a battery test performed that indicated that my battery was bad, but that there also was a parasitic drain of about 4 amps.

The test was performed immediately after shutting down the car. From what I have read on this site, it appears as if there is a recommendation to perform this test after a period of time because the lights and

some accessories stay on for a while after the car is shut off. After this specified period, the amperage draw should be less than 0.1 amps.

Does anyone know what Ford's procedure is for doing the test? Is there a wait period that is specified before performing this test? Is the 0.1 amp draw accurate?

Is there a standard Ford Test Procedure for this test?

I have the procedure for the 2015 which is different. But I think the same principle applies. need to wait 40 minutes.

NOTE: No factory equipped vehicle should have more than a 50 mA (0.050 amp) draw. Check for current drains on the
battery in excess of 50 mA (0.050 amp) with all the electrical accessories off and the vehicle at rest for at least 40
minutes. Current drains can be tested with the following procedure.

Battery Drain Check.pdf

• Like 2