2013 Edge speedometer needle moving bacwards.

13 edge

I had this problem start to occur about two months before the battery had to be replaced. It is one of the many signs of when the battery is going bad. I would have the battery tested and see what is said before it leaves you stranded. If it is over three years old it may be time to replace it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. Funny thing is that I noticed this after I replaced the battery. I took the battery back and they replaced it with a new one. And I still have the same problem. Took it to dealer. They diagnosed that it needs a new cluster. 

6 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Sounds to me like a recalibration of the cluster would be enough, since it does coincide with battery issues.

Can you tell me how I can get that done? I mentioned it to the dealer and it seems like they just ignored my question. Thanks

I would go to another dealer then.  TSBs have been issued to update the cluster before, so this should not be unfamiliar territory.  Try a Lincoln (standalone) dealer if available, if Ford dealers do not pan out.  Maybe talk to the shop foreman directly, you are more likely to get a straightup answer from him/her than the service advisor.