Squeakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..........

2009 MKX, AWD. Looking for ideas before I take back to Ford Garage.

Problem: when I turn left I (sometimes) get a loud squeak. It sounds similar to a metal dust shield rubbing against the break rotor. (Or should that be "brake", heh?)

Took it to dealer and they tore into the brakes. Could not duplicate and could not find anything. Said brakes are excellent in front and mid-life in back. (They took an hour and didn't charge me anything. Mechanic came up front and said he was baffled.) 

And of course it stopped for a couple of weeks afterwards. (But it's been very intermittent anyways.)

Now the little stinker is back. With a vengeance. Only on hard, left turns, and only a slow speeds (5-10 mph). But not always. Sometimes. Usually when it's cold. But not always. Sometimes. No other symptoms. Just the loud squeeeeeeeeeeakkkkkkkkkkk.  Kids look, neighbors drop their rakes, dogs howl, cats hunch and hiss. I smile and say "It's a Ford product." They smile and nod ....

This may sound nutty, but I had a similar problem with my wife's Grand Cherokee.  It turned  out to be a wheel bearing.  Does the noise increase or change pitch with speed?  It was intermittent and usually when the car was cold.  The first time I heard it I thought it was a siren and was looking for the emergency vehicle.

• Like 1