2016 Edge SEL 2.0L Ecoboost P2096

mvan231

I just got a 2016 Edge this weekend and while driving it for >2 hours I had no issues. Now all of a sudden, I see a P2096 code for Post Catalyst Fuel System Trim Too Lean Bank 1. 

Any ideas? Only thing I did was fill up at a gasoline station then a while after, I saw this code come up. 

I don't see anything specifically for the Edge, but in the case of 2013-14 MYs (Focus, Fusion, Escape, MKZ), the issue was oil migration from the VVT solenoids thru the engine wiring harness to the catalyst monitor.  The fix is to replace the solenoids, wiring harness, and CMS.

If that is not the case, the 3.5L engines have a recalibration fix, might look into that here as well.

Did you have any starting issues after fillup?  That is usually a purge valve issue on other engines in the Ford family.

12 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

I don't see anything specifically for the Edge, but in the case of 2013-14 MYs (Focus, Fusion, Escape, MKZ), the issue was oil migration from the VVT solenoids thru the engine wiring harness to the catalyst monitor.  The fix is to replace the solenoids, wiring harness, and CMS.

If that is not the case, the 3.5L engines have a recalibration fix, might look into that here as well.

Did you have any starting issues after fillup?  That is usually a purge valve issue on other engines in the Ford family.

Oh wow that sounds like a crazy issue! I did not have any issues starting it after fill up. I did just recently replace the purge valve assembly on my fusion that was having issues with starting after fill up. But that was a P1450 code. 

I'm thinking since I just bought this vehicle, and it's still covered under warranty, I may take it in. I wasn't sure if something like this would be covered under the Powertrain warranty, but seems it should. 

Unfortunately, the code is back. I'm seeing values between 0.1V and 0.9V for the downstream sensor. The upstream sensor only reads out A/F ratio and current. Current readings seem to fluctuate between 0.4A and -0.3A. 

Not it sure if this could mean the catalytic converter is going bad? I saw some other code pop up as pending. It was P013E which I saw online is a delayed response from the downstream sensor. 

P013E DTC info