Brake Pad Recommendations?

I've read a lot on this forum about 'grabby' brakes, particularly on the early Gen2 Edge.  A replacement brake booster was installed for those who complained.  I'm not experiencing that 'throw passengers through the windshield during high speed deceleration' issue but do have a minor concern I'm hoping someone can help solve.

My brakes tend to be grabby at very low speeds, I.E. stop and go or creeping up to the drive-through window at the local In-n-Out Burger.  My son was with me a couple of days ago and commented "still getting used to the brakes?" as we inched our way to the bag of tasty grub.  Maybe that's some of the issue but not all of it.  These brakes are almost like an on/off switch when the Edge is creeping and I'm thinking it has something to do with the pads.

My Edge is a '16 built past the May 'affected vehicles' date' so probably not the booster issue.  I'm hoping someone has discovered an aftermarket brake pad that's a little more forgiving in this situation.  Recommendations eagerly awaited! ;)

Cheers! 

I have the z23 pads on Centric Premium blank rotors. There is brake dust, but isn't terrible like the factory equipment. Usually on the 1st stop or 2 of the day, it'll be a smidge grabby, but not terrible.

Great setup honestly. Stopping performance has greatly improved & i can stomp the brakes (emergency situation) & not have to worry about warpage or being able to stop in time. I also did NOT have the TSB done for the brake booster. 

Here's my thread:

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1