Buying Used 2016 Edge Sport

asking price is $29,990

3,500 Miles

401A Package

Cold Weather Package

Panoramic Roof

21" Rims

Adaptive Cruise Control/Collision warning

any tips on ways to get them to go down, this will be my first car purchase on my own, I also would offer to pay in cash towards the end of negotiations hoping for more of a discount

also are there any cool stuff to add? CAI/Tuner? etc. I had a 2010 fusion sport and added those plus a saw bar + strut bar 

• 10 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 1:16 AM, HockeyShot39 said:

asking price is $29,990

3,500 Miles

401A Package

Cold Weather Package

Panoramic Roof

21" Rims

Adaptive Cruise Control/Collision warning

any tips on ways to get them to go down, this will be my first car purchase on my own, I also would offer to pay in cash towards the end of negotiations hoping for more of a discount

also are there any cool stuff to add? CAI/Tuner? etc. I had a 2010 fusion sport and added those plus a saw bar + strut bar 

That spec sounds the same as my 2017 Sport, but something that seems strange is the mileage, 3.5K vs my year younger Sport at 56K.

Great to find one with such low mileage, as long as there's an honest verifiable legitimate explanation.

I have no interest in add-ons but a forum search will produce a few threads on that.

The dealerships aren't usually influenced with cash because they get their money from the finance company or you.

Edited by 1004ron

For comparison, I have a ‘16 Sport same spec w/8K miles so there are low mileage examples out there.  Agree w/1004ron, you may be better letting dealership think you will finance to get their best price, then “decide” to pay cash.  One thing you may want to do is add the H&R lowering springs, makes the Edge look and handle better.

• 6 months later...