2019 Edge ST 21" Black OEM wheel lug nut

DaFruz

Hello!  I just bought a 2019 Edge ST that have the Black 21" wheel Ford offers for $995.  In looking for black lug nuts to replace the chrome that came with, I found a set on amazon from McGard part 84527.  My only issue is that the OEM lugs are a much wider cone.  (Please see attached pics). I called McGard and they said this is the correct part.  Is anyone else using these?  Any Issues?  It just doesn't appear to me that there is as much surface area covering the wheel.  I do a lot of highway driving and don't want to see my wheels go flying off!  Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpg

The difference between the two cones is a lot, I would not use those aftermarket ones.  I believe that company is known to be good at what they sell, but.  I know some other aftermarket companies believed the ST is just like the Sport models.  I know my owners manual states the ST TQ for the wheels is 162lbs, is that the case for the Sport models, from what I understand, the TQ is less on the Sport models.  

Hopefully others on our forum will have better input.  

• Like 1

I've been using McGard lugs on my '17 Fusion Sport since I got it late 2016, and they've been great (also had them on my now gone 2010 Focus for 4 years without issue).

For the exact reason you are concerned about, I've always used the "Bulge Cone Seat" style, rather than the plain "Cone Seat" style you posted.

These are their "Bulge" style: 

64074-complete.jpg

16 hours ago, Sage said:

The difference between the two cones is a lot, I would not use those aftermarket ones.  I believe that company is known to be good at what they sell, but.  I know some other aftermarket companies believed the ST is just like the Sport models.  I know my owners manual states the ST TQ for the wheels is 162lbs, is that the case for the Sport models, from what I understand, the TQ is less on the Sport models.  

Hopefully others on our forum will have better input.  

Thank you.  That sounds about right based on the conversation I had with the rep.

14 hours ago, Timmah said:

Thanks, I'll check these out!

7 hours ago, DaMiFo said:

I've been using McGard lugs on my '17 Fusion Sport since I got it late 2016, and they've been great (also had them on my now gone 2010 Focus for 4 years without issue).

For the exact reason you are concerned about, I've always used the "Bulge Cone Seat" style, rather than the plain "Cone Seat" style you posted.

These are their "Bulge" style: 

64074-complete.jpg

Ahh!  Thank you.  I hadn't see those since they don't offer them in a kit.

• 2 months later...