Intermittent Crank No Start

I've got a 2011 Ford Edge AWD 3.5L and recently/more frequently there has been and issue when starting. The vehicle will crank and than a few seconds later will fire/start. So it seems the starter is engaging every time but there's no fuel for few seconds. So i was thinking Fuel Pump originally but when I think harder about it i don't remember hearing the Fuel Pump prime before starting. Any ideas on if the Fuel Pump isn't priming is there a switch that could have bad contacts? or is it the Fuel Pump Assembly really the issue?

I watched the video after I responded hahaha. Ok, thanks for the tip I’ll deff vacuum test it to check it. “If the purge valve is good, could it be anything else? Or if it’s bad and I replace it and the symptoms still occur than should I be looking at fuel pump issue?

You can test the fuel pump by turning the key on and off and letting it prime a few times before starting.   If the pump doesn't hold pressure when the car sits than it will take time to build pressure when starting.  cycling the key a few times will let it build pressure and it should then fire normally when you start it.

• Like 1