Noob from NE Florida

TerryDK

Hi all!

Just picked up a 'new' (at least to us it is) 2013 SEL. 3.5L, FWD w/28,500 miles on it. It's the wife's vehicle (I now get her old 2003 Lincoln LS) to putz around town with. It's White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic so she named her 'Luna II'. She owned (before we were married) a White Honda Pilot that she named Luna. That was a leased vehicle and Honda wanted waaaaay too much for it at the end of lease, so she turned it in. She has talked about letting go of that Honda for the last 7 years (we've been married 9). It was a very useful vehicle. Anyway, I've been looking at used Escapes, Edges and Explorers. I also took her to test drive new ones. We were looking in the 2015-2016 range on all of them. She said that the Escape and new body Edge felt too small for her, but fell in love w/a 2016 Explorer Limited. Dealer wouldn't work with us at all (cash sale and he wanted us to finance only), so we left it on the lot. About a month later, while she was getting her hard done, I stopped by the Ford dealer in Daytona, FL, looking at all their Explorers. Oldest that he had on the lot was a 2018 and it was about what we wanted to spend. He then showed me this 2013 Edge SEL, except that another couple happened to be looking at it and ended up taking it for a test drive. The salesman & I looked at some of their other dealership lots to see if any Explorer was available, which none were. The other couple brought back the Edge and took off. We asked that saleswoman if they were interested in it and she said no, so we put plates on it and took it for a spin. I liked everything about the car. When we got back to the dealership, I explained that it would be my wife's car and she would need to make the final decision and that she was a few miles away at the mall getting her hair done. The used car manager was called over, explained what was going on and he said "We'll let you take for the rest of the day. Go pick up your wife, drive the car around to see how you like it and drop it off before close.' For the next 3 hours, after picking her up, we drove that puppy all around Daytona, in town, up & down the highway, etc, putting about 100 miles on it. We got back to the dealership at around 5 pm (8 pm close), made the deal and left that night by 7 with her new car.  

20190817_161726.jpg

• Like 2