You already have a vacuum pump to change PTU oil

bubbadewsky

You can connect a long transparent rubber hose to any vac. line that goes directly to the intake manifold  (brake booster,  PCV line) if you run the end of the line into the PTU  or RDU  fill plug you can suck out the fluid by starting the engine thus applying vacuum to the line....Be careful as not to suck out too much at one time as oil will not compress in the engine cylinders. If you go slow all that will enter the intake manifod is oil mist If your home made line is long enough it may empty the PTU before any oil reaches the manifold (in this case no microscopic metal fragments will enter the manifold)

Edited by bubbadewsky

12 minutes ago, bubbadewsky said:

You can connect a long transparent rubber hose to any vac. line that goes directly to the intake manifold  (brake booster,  PCV line) if you run the end of the line into the PTU  or RDU  fill plug you can suck out the fluid by starting the engine thus applying vacuum to the line....Be careful as not to suck out too much at one time as oil will not compress in the engine cylinders. If you go slow all that will enter the intake manifod is oil mist If your home made line is long enough it may empty the PTU before any oil reaches the manifold (in this case no microscopic metal fragments will enter the manifold)

I would strongly advise against attempting what's suggested here.

@bubbadewsky     have you tried this?

An oil extractor can be used, but it doesn't work as well as the drain plug.

If you do not have a vac pump this will work with minimal expense.....why do you think this is a bad idea I already drained my PTU with 20 ft hose connected to manifold not a drop of oil reached engine ...sucked out approx.  14 oz ofcourse it's hard to get exact measurement since some oil remains in the hose

When you drill a drain plug hole there is a chance of stripping the threads.  If you compare an older PTU with the new drain plug style you will see extra reinforced metal around the plug

Edited by bubbadewsky

11 minutes ago, bubbadewsky said:

If you compare an older PTU with the new drain plug style you will see extra reinforced metal around the plug

My PTU came with a drain, and it does not have extra reinforced metal around the plug.

Where did you get this information from?

Edited by 1004ron

8 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

My PTU came with a drain, and it does not have extra reinforced metal around the plug.

If you do not have a vac pump this will work with minimal expense.....why do you think this is a bad idea I already drained my PTU with 20 ft hose connected to manifold not a drop of oil reached engine ...sucked out approx.  14 oz

21 minutes ago, bubbadewsky said:

If you compare an older PTU with the new drain plug style you will see extra reinforced metal around the plug

Try again.........

• akirby locked this topic