Hello everyone... fresh member here!

fraychild

I've been browsing for a little while but I finally decided to introduce myself and show off my new Ford Edge which I acquired about a month ago - :) The story - I was down on Vacation with my family visiting my sister in Alabama and hitting the parks in Orlando when I found a great deal on this 2007 SE in Pensacola - I hated the car I had... (it was a 2007 Dodge Caliber - total garbage) ... really though... I HATED the car. So I quickly ran to the dealership and traded it in for the Edge... Best decision I ever made in my life... Anyway, love the car and cannot wait to do a few more things to it... I have the pics listed here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3117239

3117239_3_full.jpg

So far, I've tinted the front windows at 35%, I've added the Ebay OEM Foglights using the factory chrome plates and factory fog switch, and I've added a Pioneer Avic-D2 Nav system -

I have a few things in mind for it... such as 4300K Low Beam HIDs, H&R Springs, 19" Konig Heatsinks, sunroof, leather seats, new speakers and a sub, etc.

Oh and yea... I drove her back to NY and enjoyed every second and every mile of the way... :)

Edited by fraychild

Actually this is the Carbon Metallic - another way of saying "charcoal grey" :)

Installing the Fog Lights from Ebay was a piece of cake really... I did it myself for the most part.

I bought the kit with the Harness... (I couldn't locate any factory harness on my SE and from what I gather here, they don't seem to have it, which sucks) - but oh well...

I got them from a seller called "gummysource" --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...p4506.m20.l1116

If you're installing it yourself, you'll just need to remove a few screws and pull back the wheel-well covers and you'll have easy access to the back of the bumper - this will allow you to pop out the stock hole covers and everything else is candy from there.... Also, there is a huge grommet in the firewall through which a bunch of wire are making way from engine bay to cabin - I used that rubber grommet to run the harness/switch wires... I also plan on using that same grommet for my future amplifier install plans... :)

Total was about $127 after shipping for the Ebay fog lights and harness only...

I also purchased the two chrome hole covers from www.parts.com - about $30 each. They had them at a nicely discounted price for the Ford... I didn't really have to do that, I could've just cut the circles on the current covers and it would've worked just fine... but I kinda' like the chrome look of the front which matches the grille and headlights... :)

I also took it a step further and purchased the stock switch from an SEL at parts.com - $22 - This switch allows for DRLs and the pull-knob motion for the factory fog lights... I took the truck to a shop and had them wire the Ebay harness into the stock switch so it would work like it came from the dealer that way... :)

I spent the extra for stuff because of my taste... but the fog light install could've stopped at $127... :)

I'll post more updated pics soon -

Edited by fraychild

Actually this is the Carbon Metallic - another way of saying "charcoal grey" :)

I was wondering if it was black or carbon. Carbon is the best color if I do say so myself.

cbEdge, the ink blue didn't come out until the '08 model; the carbon was only offerred on the '07, so one day, we'll have a rare classic in carbon...;)

Edited by carbonedge+

Most definitely - :)

I love my Edge, even with the heavy weight she's packing, there's plenty of power and torque to keep me moving on the road when I need to -:shades:

Question, has anyone ever looked into leather seats from the MKX and the possible compatibilty with the Edge? I'm wondering if the connectors for airbags, seatbelts etc. are interchangeable or would "fit" each other... If anyone knows the answer to that, I'd really appreciate it!

Most definitely - :)

I love my Edge, even with the heavy weight she's packing, there's plenty of power and torque to keep me moving on the road when I need to -:shades:

Question, has anyone ever looked into leather seats from the MKX and the possible compatibilty with the Edge? I'm wondering if the connectors for airbags, seatbelts etc. are interchangeable or would "fit" each other... If anyone knows the answer to that, I'd really appreciate it!

Hi fraychild. :D They should physically fit, as the bolt positions should be the same.

However, since the MKX also has cooled seats, it is likely that the pin connections on the electrical connections are different.

Have you thought about simply adding the Edge leather seats? There are also some companies that make very nice aftermarket leather seat covers to replace the cloth. Katzkin is one.

Good luck. :beerchug: