2009 Edge Order Guide, get it here!

glenn1104

They got rid of alot of colours but gained alot too, guess the vapour silver is now rare, cause its gone! The SPORT headlights and tailights i`d like to see, always wondered what smoked lights would look like! I think the body colour front and rear (and Below body) moldings will look very good to, as i see alot of people had done it themselves, really sharp!

Thanks for the info!

They got rid of alot of colours but gained alot too, guess the vapour silver is now rare, cause its gone! The SPORT headlights and tailights i`d like to see, always wondered what smoked lights would look like! I think the body colour front and rear (and Below body) moldings will look very good to, as i see alot of people had done it themselves, really sharp!

Thanks for the info!

NEW STANDARD FEATURES

• SOS-Post Crash Alert System (automobile safety beacon) –

activates horn and emergency flashes in the event air bags

are deployed

I find this one funny. Obviously nobody will notice the severely damaged Edge first they will have to wait for the horn and flashers that are probably now crushed from the accident.

Also it looks like the Fuel Economy numbers are more accurate now.

FUEL ECONOMY

50 STATES

F.E. LABEL F.E. LABEL ESTIMATED

ADJUSTED ANNUAL

ENGINE DISPL. TRANSMISSION CITY HIGHWAY FUEL COST

FWD

3.5L V6 Duratec 6-Speed Auto 17 . . . 24 .... $2,209

AWD

3.5L V6 Duratec 6-Speed Auto 15 . . . 22 .... $2,335

Edited by jpeckinp

NEW STANDARD FEATURES

• SOS-Post Crash Alert System (automobile safety beacon) –

activates horn and emergency flashes in the event air bags

are deployed

I find this one funny. Obviously nobody will notice the severely damaged Edge first they will have to wait for the horn and flashers that are probably now crushed from the accident.

That feature is useful if you've left the highway far off the shoulder or in trees/bushes or gone down an embankment. There are lots of stories of people trapped in wrecked vehicles near a busy highway for days because they could not be seen. Rare, but it happens. Besides - what can it possibly hurt?

Also it looks like the Fuel Economy numbers are more accurate now.

FUEL ECONOMY

50 STATES

F.E. LABEL F.E. LABEL ESTIMATED

ADJUSTED ANNUAL

ENGINE DISPL. TRANSMISSION CITY HIGHWAY FUEL COST

FWD

3.5L V6 Duratec 6-Speed Auto 17 . . . 24 .... $2,209

AWD

3.5L V6 Duratec 6-Speed Auto 15 . . . 22 .... $2,335

Same as 2008 - that's when the new EPA test procedures were implemented.

That feature is useful if you've left the highway far off the shoulder or in trees/bushes or gone down an embankment. There are lots of stories of people trapped in wrecked vehicles near a busy highway for days because they could not be seen. Rare, but it happens. Besides - what can it possibly hurt?

Toyota is making a lot of noise with this feature. The MKS also has it. However, Ford is wise enough to remind people that the system may not function after a severe crash.

• 4 weeks later...

a) Have they lost their minds about getting rid of Vapor Silver? That's one of the best looking colors.

B) I want this, though: Illuminated Front Door Scuff Plate (18D) available on all

series.

c) I want this, too....Cargo Accessory Package – Includes: Privacy Shade(color

coordinated), Cargo Floor Protector and Rear Bumper Protector

• 4 weeks later...
I noticed that they are going to offer a cargo accessary package (#471) that includes a rear cargo shade, cargo floor protector AND a rear bumper step protector. If wonder if this will be available for sale seperately for 2007 and 2008 owners?

all of these are currently available individually through fordaccessories.com. i had the bumper protector and cargo liner included in my deal when i bought the edge.