Adding factory tow hitch

Good evening all,

I have a 2016 Sport, but when I optioned it out, Ford did not offer a tow package for the Sport. I also have a 2013 Edge SEL AWD, which at the time, a tow option was offered. I would like to install a factory tow hitch and wiring harness. What I would like to know is, has anyone in this forum done a factory tow hitch install? I’m thinking, and I hope I am right is, there should be attaching holes already punched into the rear sub frame to attach a tow hitch and the wiring harness ready to accept a plug in trailer harness. Also, is there a factory trailer tow module needed?

Here's the simple answer:  Spend some time browsing this section of the forum.  Below your message are dozens of threads that detail wiring/harnesses/modules and, yes, hitch options which include your Sport. 

Note you'll probably never duplicate a factory installed trailering package which includes addtional engine/transmission cooling, an anti sway module (which may be included in the trailer module that would be tucked behind your right side cargo panel) and, of course, a class II hitch.

Thanks for the info. I have been reading the post on this subject, but was curious if anyone has taken on the task of doing a factory install and all the cost involved.  I did some research on factory parts and for the hitch and harness alone approached $500.

It would be for the 2013 and not the 2016, which is mostly a "Hanger Queen". Jargon we used in the military when we had our aircraft sitting in the hanger for long periods of time.