Noise underneath vehicle

denret

2007 Edge SE with about 10k miles on it.......

From day one, I've been getting a "clunking" sound coming from my Edge when going over the right kind of bumps. It doesn't have to be

big bump....just the right conditions do it.

It's not severe, but annoying. It sounds like it could be a loose shock or strut. Dealer says he can't find anything wrong.

Anyone having a similar experience???

What kind of bumps? Do you hear the noise when you're going over rough roads, or do you hear it over road undulations and/or speed bumps?

No speed bumps. Just normal small or medium road cracks or parking lot stuff. Not extreme use stuff...I don't drive that way.

No speed bumps. Just normal small or medium road cracks or parking lot stuff. Not extreme use stuff...I don't drive that way.

I get it too but only on the right kind of bump. But sorry to say I have had two Edge and they both did the same on the same bump. I think its just the way it is. If its the same noise I hear.

SAME PROBLEM HERE, we only have 3k kilometers and yeah just the "right" kinda bump, when it goes in for its first service i`ll get them to check it out, i wish i had a hoist i could check it out myself...ours is comming from the drvers side front somewere, does sound like s strut problem, cause nothing apperas to be rubbing, do you have the 20s?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
did anyone ever figure out what it was? mine hasn`t done it much latley, go nearly 5k on her now, dealer is saying to get oil changed at 8k? jeeze on first oil? i dunno...

I experienced the same situation. The times i experienced this noise was pulling in our driveway turning to the right and also hitting that "certain" type of bump in the road. I took it into our dealership and explained it to them. We took it for a spin and were able to duplicate it on that certain type of bump in the road. I ended up leaving it with them for the day and they found the problem to be in the Steering Column. They actually ordered a new Steering Column from the U.S. and replaced it. I was surprised to hear it was that because i always thought it was a strut or bearing or something related in the wheel well area. Anyways to sum it up the noise is gone and that seemed to be the problem.

It only had 4900 KMs on it. It's a 2008 AWD SEL (19 inch wheels).

Hope this helps.