2016 Edge Titanium - New Owner

cleekoguy

Congratulations and welcome to the Ford Edge Forum. 

As you page through this and, perhaps, other Edge forums and groups (Facebook) you'll pick up a lot of great ideas and information that'll help keep your Edge healthy.  Depending on the maintenance history of your car (get it from any Ford service department) and mileage  one of the first things you should consider doing  is a complete fluid change.

Since you have the 3.5L engine a fresh load of Motorcraft orange coolant is particularly important around 30k miles.  A series of drain/fill cycles is suggested around that same mileage for the transmission and a drain/fill is all but required for your Power Transfer Unit (ptu) which sends power to the rear wheels.  This is despite Ford's claim that those fluids are 'lifetime' and in theory, never need to be changed. 

If your new Edge has the moonroof (most Titanium models seem to have the option) make sure it's operating smoothly and closes easily.  If it takes more than 12 seconds to close it's time for cleaning and lubricating.  You'll find several YouTube videos that help with that.

Once the mechanicals are taken care of, be sure to register your Edge at Ford.com.  That's where you'll find updates for your Sync system if yours isn't already at Sync3 Version3 and a whole lot more.

Finally, let me direct you to the (arguably) best information resource available for the Edge, MacT Garage.  You'll find a full factory maintenance manual for your Gen2 Edge there along with maintenance and modification tips.  https://www.mactgarage.com/

Cheers!

Edited by Gadgetjq
added information

14 hours ago, cleekoguy said:

2016 Edge Titanium AWD V6.  Just picked this one up last week.  We really enjoy driving it.

G.

welcome and congratulations on your great buy! I bought a brand new '16 Titanium AWD which I would still have if I hadn't sold it to my father-in-law. Liked it so much that I didn't hesitate and bought another Titanium AWD, but this time a '19.

Which color is yours…and do you have the 4 or 6 cylinder engine?

Claude. :)

14 hours ago, cleekoguy said:

2016 Edge Titanium AWD V6.  Just picked this one up last week.  We really enjoy driving it.

G.

welcome and congratulations on your great buy! I bought a brand new '16 Titanium AWD which I would still have if I hadn't sold it to my father-in-law. Liked it so much that I didn't hesitate and bought another Titanium AWD, but this time a '19.

Which color is yours…and do you have the 4 or 6 cylinder engine?

Claude. :)