My Edge was Reacquired by Ford

bofus

So, I didn't notice anything odd on the Carfax after I selected a used 2015 Ford Edge.  When cleaning the vehicle, I see the following sticker:

edge-sticker.jpg

I am the "third" owner.  It appears the first owner only had the car for about 6 months, which then Ford apparently bought it back, then the next people had it until just last month when I bought it from them.

So, this vehicle apparently was a lemon-law return.  Is there any way to find out which repairs that the dealer couldn't finish that triggered the lemon law?  I had no idea that Ford would put a sticker in the door jamb for this.

Edited by bofus

• 2 weeks later...

My Edge is in the shoppe for a recall (steering bolt corrosion) and I had them try to look it up. My vehicle does fall within the water ingress issue based on manufacture date (April 4, 2015).  Geez, only a few weeks away from when Ford identified and remedied the issue in the factory.    I see that 15B21 recall was performed to check for water dampness.  The vehicle failed the dampness test.  A few months later, the car was in the dealership again with "related damage vehicle hold".    The dealership worked on the car for 14.7 shop hours where they did the following:

"Perform recall 15b21.  Leak Verified.  Apply urethane sealer to a-pillar.  Repair vehicle per wet vehicle repair instructions"

I suspect that the owners got the option to have their vehicle purchased by Ford.  The '16 models were just about to come out and those included Sync 3.  I know if Ford was going to buy my car back and I could get a new one with an upgraded ICE (in car entertainment), I'd take it.

Still looking for further information.  Does anybody have more info on this leak issue?  Can you inspect the vehicle and tell what's been done?  Is this leak from the passenger side, drivers side, or both?