My girlfriend needs some help buying an Edge

bpmurr

My girlfriend currently has a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T and wants to get an Edge. She wants to keep her payments under $350 a month so we are looking for a 2007 with low miles. Her one requirement is the Edge have AWD. She wants a stick but realizes that it's not an option in the Edge. I have a couple questions that hopefully everyone can answer.

1) Is there anything I should know in terms of problems with the 07 to look for?

2) What is the difference between an SEL and SEL Plus? I see that 08 they did a name change to Limited.

3) What is a fair price on a used Edge SEL Plus with the vista roof, upgraded wheels, and less then 20k miles on it? We saw one for $23995 like this but it was sold before we got to the dealer. The price seemed fair but then again I really don't know what the Edge market is right now.

Thanks in advance for everyones help! :)

My girlfriend currently has a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T and wants to get an Edge. She wants to keep her payments under $350 a month so we are looking for a 2007 with low miles. Her one requirement is the Edge have AWD. She wants a stick but realizes that it's not an option in the Edge. I have a couple questions that hopefully everyone can answer.

1) Is there anything I should know in terms of problems with the 07 to look for?

2) What is the difference between an SEL and SEL Plus? I see that 08 they did a name change to Limited.

3) What is a fair price on a used Edge SEL Plus with the vista roof, upgraded wheels, and less then 20k miles on it? We saw one for $23995 like this but it was sold before we got to the dealer. The price seemed fair but then again I really don't know what the Edge market is right now.

Thanks in advance for everyones help! :)

With AWD there was a potential seal leak on the PTU. The symptom is a very noticeable leak. The PTU sends power from the front to the rear so just look for the driveshaft and make sure there's no leak. It can be fixed with the proper replacement seal and procedure.

Look at the price of a similarly equipped new 2008 model. They can be purchased for near dealer invoice minus rebates. If it was me I'd need at least a 20% discount to consider buying a used one vs. a new one.

Also - check kbb.com and edmunds.com for used car values and check autotrader.com or ebay motors to see what they're asking for similar models.

With AWD there was a potential seal leak on the PTU. The symptom is a very noticeable leak. The PTU sends power from the front to the rear so just look for the driveshaft and make sure there's no leak. It can be fixed with the proper replacement seal and procedure.

Look at the price of a similarly equipped new 2008 model. They can be purchased for near dealer invoice minus rebates. If it was me I'd need at least a 20% discount to consider buying a used one vs. a new one.

Also - check kbb.com and edmunds.com for used car values and check autotrader.com or ebay motors to see what they're asking for similar models.

Thanks for the info! :) Can anyone tell me what the main difference is between an SEL and SEL Plus? What does the Plus give you?