I own a '19 Edge Titanium. While taking the garbage out last week, I bumped the drivers side mirror with my body. No apparent damage. Several days later I noticed my mirror vibrating while driving. When I got home the mirror could be pulled out and only the wires were holding it. I tried to put it back in place, but I believe the small plastic tabs on the bottom were broken. The mirror could be easily removed simply by unplugging the wires, but my mechanic told me the mirror could not be purchased separately. He said you have to but the entire assembly, and get it painted to match the vehicle. Is this true, and if so could the mirror be glued back in place?

Hey Mr Mike,

Have you checked eBay or an auto scrap yard?  You should be able to find a replacement mirror though matching your color might be a challenge.  There's at least one (black) posted on eBay right now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Edge-Factory-Left-Door-Mirror-Heated-2015-2016-2017-2018/274044059548?hash=item3fce4c7f9c:g:JykAAOSwBXldnO70

9 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

Hey Mr Mike,

Have you checked eBay or an auto scrap yard?  You should be able to find a replacement mirror though matching your color might be a challenge.  There's at least one (black) posted on eBay right now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Edge-Factory-Left-Door-Mirror-Heated-2015-2016-2017-2018/274044059548?hash=item3fce4c7f9c:g:JykAAOSwBXldnO70

Thanks for that info. I was just wondering why they don't sell just the mirror assembly? All you have to do is unplug several wires, and you could change it out. I glued it in place with Gorilla Super Glue Gel, and so far it's working. If it fails, I'll take a hammer to the mirror itself, pay my $100.00 deductible, and let insurance and a body shop put a new one on.

31 minutes ago, mrmikesdeuce said:

Thanks for that info. I was just wondering why they don't sell just the mirror assembly? All you have to do is unplug several wires, and you could change it out. I glued it in place with Gorilla Super Glue Gel, and so far it's working. If it fails, I'll take a hammer to the mirror itself, pay my $100.00 deductible, and let insurance and a body shop put a new one on.

Yeh, you might not want to post your plans for insurance fraud on a very public forum ;)

mirrors are sold seperatly:

mirror assembly: FT4Z-17683-AA

mirror glass: FT4Z-17K707-G

mirror motor: AU5Z-17D696-A

etc..

The matching paint cover can be removed from your existing mirror and transferred over to the new assembly. it's holding to the assembly with 4 tabs.

Go to your dealer parts dpt and show them the broken part and they'll tell you if it's available on it's own.

you can also check online any dealer site that has a parts catalog online.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ONEDGE16 said:

mirrors are sold seperatly:

mirror assembly: FT4Z-17683-AA

mirror glass: FT4Z-17K707-G

mirror motor: AU5Z-17D696-A

etc..

The matching paint cover can be removed from your existing mirror and transferred over to the new assembly. it's holding to the assembly with 4 tabs.

Go to your dealer parts dpt and show them the broken part and they'll tell you if it's available on it's own.

you can also check online any dealer site that has a parts catalog online.

Thank you for this info. My mechanic apparently was wrong, and I can buy just the part I need. So far the Gorilla glue gel is holding, but if need be,  I can just buy the part I need.