MOON ROOF CONTROL LIGHTING

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lex,

Ā 

Great write-up, seems like once you get your teeth into a project, it gets solved.

Ā 

10-4.. OCD is the reason for that :)

Ā 

Also while I'm at it, I would like to get rid of the hood prop rod and replace w/ air springs.

Ā 

on the list.. this is what you want

Ā 

Oh, a question on you BAMR hook-up, do the LED's turn off when the exterior lights go out?? Or are they always on when when driving?

Ā 

on mine, since I tapped into the rear view mirror power, once the car gets the key inserted and power on, they are on the entire time when driving.. even in day. I have no qualms with that personally.

if they are hooked to the headlight switch like they are supposed to be they will be on and dim with the headlight and dimmer . unlike the door switches that are on all the time.

Ā 

Lex says power comes from monochromatic mirror hook-up, want to know if they stay on during day , don't care about dimming.

but reading the service manual there is 8 wires on it and 8 wires on the mkx switch as well. the mkx has illumination circuit and runs about $50 according to the dealer. can someone with an mkx verify is the seat memory switch silver or black the dealer cant tell. also you will need to pull the wires from the pins and reconfigure the wires for the mkx switch as the positions are different

if they are hooked to the headlight switch like they are supposed to be they will be on and dim with the headlight and dimmer . unlike the door switches that are on all the time.

Ā 

Ā 

i was simply saying the way the service manual has it listed is all you can hook it to the mirror but they will be on all the time. its an led so it shouldnt matter but i ran it to the switch so it dimmed as i run with my lights about half dimmed just personal preference

i was simply saying the way the service manual has it listed is all you can hook it to the mirror but they will be on all the time. its an led so it shouldnt matter but i ran it to the switch so it dimmed as i run with my lights about half dimmed just personal preference

Ā 

just out of curiosity please.. can you report what color wire it is you tapped into (we know the mirror colored wire already) AND was it in the bundle in the headliner with all the other wires like the mirror wire or did you have to run it down the pillar?

but reading the service manual there is 8 wires on it and 8 wires on the mkx switch as well. the mkx has illumination circuit and runs about $50 according to the dealer. can someone with an mkx verify is the seat memory switch silver or black the dealer cant tell. also you will need to pull the wires from the pins and reconfigure the wires for the mkx switch as the positions are different

Ā 

The switch is silver.

so i have the connectors from ford that fit in the harness and snap into the molex is anyone interested in these ??? i figure to $15 shipped with the 2 wires to plug into the molex the wire to go to the headlight switch and the various connectors. did mine today in 15 minutes its a snap.

Ā 

I'm interested. PM me please with details.

yep, bummer for us

Ā 

but hey, can you confirm that the seat memory button, the adjustable dimmer dash knob, the child lock button, and the twist mirror adjustment button all are/are not lit on an MKX?

Ā 

Memory seat buttons are the only ones you asked about that light.

At least on our MKX, we have the PLASTIC :rolleyes: 20" wheels.

Ā 

ab

I have the wiring diagram for the roof opening panel in regards to the illumination of the switches. The diagram shows pin 2 which is BU-WH or Blue-white which is hot and comes from the cluster and panel illumination circuit and pin 1 is BK which would be black for ground.

Ā 

Ā 

post-4593-1220455761_thumb.jpg

Edited by er65nsunny

yep, bummer for us

Ā 

but hey, can you confirm that the seat memory button, the adjustable dimmer dash knob, the child lock button, and the twist mirror adjustment button all are/are not lit on an MKX?

Ā 

The seat memory buttons are lit. The window lockout & mirror adjusment knob are not. I forgot to check the dimmer knob.

Their is an inline connector C210 in the second photo at the drivers side pillar that has the bu-wh wire indicated by # 14 that connects to the vista roof, vanity, and mirror switches. I'm sure the MKX has the wire that runs up to the vista roof switch for illumination and the Edge doesn't.

Ā 

post-4593-1220537393_thumb.jpg

Ā 

post-4593-1220537706_thumb.jpg

Edited by er65nsunny

How hard is it to remove the overhead console switch and light assembly and the driver side pillar panel. Do they just pull off.

Ā 

overhead switch & light are cake, read earlier in thread.

Ā 

cannot comment on pillar, but can't image it is hard and you might actually run wire and just push it behind pillar and not actually remove it. that is a common tactic used is just run wire and slide behind pillars not take them off. I did that all the way from rear to front with camera wire for example.