What to expect at 300,000 miles with a Ford Edge

macbwt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

LU will be taking on a new job in a few months.  in about 4500 more miles LU will be garaged and the engine will have some preventive maintenance done in preparation of the new tasks of transporting my 17 yr old daughter around with a new front engine update including water pump.  This should but LU at about 310,000 miles.   I have now purchased a replacement for LU.  MACT Ford Edge will now be going ecoboost.  The new Edge is a 2019 Ford Edge Titanium AWD with the 2.0 ecoboost and the 8F35 transmission.   The new Edge will be name LILU. (reference to the 5th element movie)

89565608_10219575970622773_571654293057175552_n.jpg

• Like 2

I don't see any reason that it won't go 300,000 miles.  I sold my 1987 Plymouth Sundance Turbo when it was 11 years old with 141,000.  At that point, there was nothing to indicate any durability issues.  I actually wish I had kept it.  If a turbocharged engine could go that many miles 3 decades ago, I have no reason to think one now won 't hit 300k.

Edited by brianshaeffer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...