Brake light on (!)

New to forum, just bought used 2010 edge limited fwd 120k. Brake light stays on and wheel air pressure notification stays on. Previous owner has installed aftermarket wheels. How can I go about diagnosing the issues causing the light/notification and repair?

Also the panoramic moonroof & sunshade both are stuck in the CLOSED position. I do not hear ANY motor noise when pressing either button. Fuses appear good... but plan to get new fuses just in case. I'm not a mechanic but can do pretty much anything with some basic instruction. Have seen videos ect on "initialization" and followed steps but nothing happened. Held button, roof never moved, shade never moved, neither made any sounds.

5 hours ago, selfmade6288 said:

New to forum, just bought used 2010 edge limited fwd 120k. Brake light stays on and wheel air pressure notification stays on. Previous owner has installed aftermarket wheels. How can I go about diagnosing the issues causing the light/notification and repair?

Also the panoramic moonroof & sunshade both are stuck in the CLOSED position. I do not hear ANY motor noise when pressing either button. Fuses appear good... but plan to get new fuses just in case. I'm not a mechanic but can do pretty much anything with some basic instruction. Have seen videos ect on "initialization" and followed steps but nothing happened. Held button, roof never moved, shade never moved, neither made any sounds.

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't done so, I suggest getting an OBD code reader and check for any codes.  The brake light can be anything from a brake booster on its way out or a simple sensor.

The TPMS light can be anything from a bad TPMS sensor in one wheel. (I believe in your model year, that it does not display individual tire pressure readings) Or its possible that the previous owner did not install TPMS sensors when they installed the wheels.

I would tread lightly and cautiously about trying to open the BAMFR.  Previous owner may have disabled it because its ridiculously expensive to repair or like you said it could be bad motor.  I'd suggest going to auto glass shop.  I'd call around till I found one that repairs moonroofs etc.  Once they get it open and its not the motor you may balk at the repair price and you can ask them to close it for you.

HTH Good Luck.

• Like 2

Where are the tpms sensors be located and do you have a photo or diagram of how it looks? I know I can find them once I know what im looking for lol. Aftermarket wheels seem pretty cheap so I am hoping that when they were installed that PO did something incorrectly. Can I have the codes read at an auto parts store? Many do it at no cost around here and give print-offs of info relevant to code.

What does BAMRF mean?

I am thinking it is the switch preventing moon roof from operation since I do not hear ANY of the motors 

associated with shade or glass. How many total motors are in that system?

2 for glass & 1 for shade?

Most auto part stores will read the OBD if you ask them to.  TPMS Sensors are located in the wheels themselves. They typically are attached to the valve stems.

BAMFR = Big Ass M0ther F*&% Roof

Unfortunately, I have no idea of how many motors are in that system.

Check eBay for factory repair manuals for short paper.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Removed overhead BAMR switch and cleaned the connections, reassembled, reinstalled... GLASS WORKS!

Sunshade still stuck in closed position.

Fabric appears tighter on driver side and looser on pass side? Any ideas? I have not dug deep into the issue due to the weather but its getting warmer now!

Not "check" light for brakes, I was incorrect with that statement. 

Only TPMS check light is on. 

Looks like this: (!)

Will any brand/type/style aftermarket tire pressure monitors work OR do I need to search for vehicle specific ones? Does all of the monitors have to match?What is the cheapest solution assuming that all 4 TPMS will be required?