Android Auto keeps resetting along with phone charging

Hi all

I have a 2019 Titanium since last week. Tonight I finally discovered that by plugging in the USB cable and jus using Bluetooth, that Android Auto launches. I went through all the prompts on my phone and gave all the requested access. I noticed that it kept disconnecting as Iwas going through the process, and my phone kept complaint about not having the correct charging cable connected.

I tied plunging the USB cable into the lower USB port (center console), but then my phone didn't charge at all, an Android Auto doesn't start up. When I plugged the cable back into the upper (more forward) port, Android auto starts up, but then about 20-30 seconds later shuts down and then reconnects. Then it just stays in this cycle. I have a 1 month old Galaxy S-10 that I use in my car. 

Has anyone had had similar Issues? Thanks.

I'm thinking you have a cable problem.  Android Auto (and Apple Car Play) need really good cables to pass a 'lot' of data from phone to head unit.  Many cheap eBay/Amazon cables just don't cut it. 

Try to find the 'original' charging/data cable that came with your new phone.  Plug it into one of the 'data' ports (the two in the front storage cubby).  Make sure AA is turned on in Sync (it's one of the choices in setup).  It's your choice whether AA will autostart as soon as you plug your phone in or whether you'll choose it from the bottom row of icons in Sync.  And finally, be sure your AA app is up to date on your phone.  It received a major update just a few months ago.

Cheers!

I grabbed the manufacturers cable this morning before I went to work. Sitting in my driveway now, and with the manufacturers cable it does the same thing with the cable plugged into the more forward port. When I move the cable to the rear port, the phone doesn't do anything, not even charge. I wonder if there is an issue with the USB ports. I tried to get a video, but when the issue occurs, the phone switches modes and the video recording stops.