Black out grill and driving lights

My bumper on my 2014 Edge was badly chipped and scratched so I took it off and had it repainted. Whiling it was at the paint shop I sanded and painted the chrome parts to match the black on the vehicle and as I had some PIAA driving lights looking for a home I found a great spot to place them. Using a hole saw I cut two holes in the low grill as seen. I mounted a piece of aluminum angle by  glueing it to back side with epoxy designed for plastics. Using a relay, I taped off the high beams so they come on with them but I may retire the to be on all the time as they complement the switch back running lights nicely.

I have the 12” Phoenix radio which allows for a front camera so I purchased a license plate camera to add on . This works great for parking haven’t a clear view now allowing me to pull up tight in parking lots.

i also put a bug deflector across the hood that hides all the chips up there. I have a new Ford oval coming with a black background to complete the look. The head lights are upgraded to 6500 K HIDs and all others are LED. I just got my LED bulbs to put into the PIAAs so they will match the color of every thing else.

i was very impressed with the results, since the windows are tinted dark it makes the SUV look like something like the FBI might use, LOL.

81577448-F60C-4B86-B549-470CEAE09CA6.jpeg.567cce6aa9158ba961e1fca5ab67248f.jpeg

Edited by Bluestratos
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...