Clarification on a few Forscan Codes

Hi,

I've got a few different questions to get through, so bear with me please.

1. I put some LED low beams in place of the H11s and when i record a video with my phone im seeing flashing from the LEDs, but to the naked eye it's not noticeable at all. Is that really hyperflashing? Does anyone know offhand which (if any) of these is the correct one to get rid of the hyperflash in my low beams? Theyre GTR Ultra2s so I didnt expect to have to deal with hyperflash since they come with drivers.

726-26-02
xxxx
xxx*
xxxx
Frequency Select Cfg: 0=Type 0 (LED), 1=Type 1 (Halogen), 2=Type 2, 3=Type 3
**Set to 0 for Halogen to OEM LED conversion
726-26-02 xxxx xxxx x*xx Outage Headlamps Cfg: 0=none, 1=both, 2=high, 3=low
726-27-01 0000 xxxx xxxx Front Light Outage Detection Disable when adding aftermarket LEDs/HIDs in Halogen Bucket

B. I was going to attempt to change the Fob Liftgate to open with 1 press instead of double tap

726-24-01 xxx* xxxx xxxx Fob Liftgate First Press Cfg: 0=disable, 2=enable

But changing to 2 didn't work, I'm guessing it's supposed to be a 1, like most other enable/disable codes, but I didnt want to try it without some kind of confirmation. Has anyone else done this one before?

3/C. Been trying to get Global Close enabled, Ive tried a few different codes and not gotten anywhere, does anyone know which is the correct code for enabling the feature and which causes the option to show in the left dash menu?

Thanks for the help!

On 5/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, omar302 said:

Hyperflash refers to the turn signals. They would flash twice as fast when and LED bulb is installed instead of a stock incandescent.

As for LED flashing on a camera but not visible to the naked eye is normal as far as I know. 

Great! I wasn't clear on what hyper flash exactly is, that helps a lot. Much appreciated! 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:39 AM, soUNTOUCHABLE said:

Been trying to get Global Close enabled, Ive tried a few different codes and not gotten anywhere, does anyone know which is the correct code for enabling the feature and which causes the option to show in the left dash menu?

Here's the list of changes you'll make for front window open/close with the remote.  Note, for the Edge it isn't truly a global command since it doesn't include back windows or moon roof.  Also note, some of the modules now have sub menus (below (As-Built) that offer plain English toggles which are simpler than changing codes.  Look for them in the latest version of FORScan.

1. Windows Remote Open/Close

After doing these FORScan changes you can press and hold unlock on your key fob for windows to roll down. Press and hold lock button on the fob to roll windows up.  Chances are pretty good you can currently roll your windows 'up' with your fob but not down.  Give it a try.  This is one of those things that may have changed from model to model and year to year.

BdyCM (As-Built):

726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 0101 0000 0060

DDM:

740-05-01 Dxxx xx

PDM:
741-05-01 Dxxx xx

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soUNTOUCHABLE said:

Have you (or anyone you know) tried to change the liftgate keyfob function to single press instead of double tap?

That's a safety feature I doubt you'd be able to change.  The double press is there to prevent a single press (while in your pants pocket for example) from opening the liftgate.  It's the same with remote start (though, curiously, not for global window up/down).  
My previous vehicle (Toyota Avalon) allowed the double press to be changed to a single long press for the trunk but you had to hold the fob button for something like five seconds so was actually counter productive.  You can double tap the button in two seconds. 

3 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

That's a safety feature I doubt you'd be able to change.  The double press is there to prevent a single press (while in your pants pocket for example) from opening the liftgate.  It's the same with remote start (though, curiously, not for global window up/down).  
My previous vehicle (Toyota Avalon) allowed the double press to be changed to a single long press for the trunk but you had to hold the fob button for something like five seconds so was actually counter productive.  You can double tap the button in two seconds. 

I see, thank you!

On 5/3/2020 at 8:22 AM, Gadgetjq said:

Here's the list of changes you'll make for front window open/close with the remote.  Note, for the Edge it isn't truly a global command since it doesn't include back windows or moon roof.  Also note, some of the modules now have sub menus (below (As-Built) that offer plain English toggles which are simpler than changing codes.  Look for them in the latest version of FORScan.

1. Windows Remote Open/Close

After doing these FORScan changes you can press and hold unlock on your key fob for windows to roll down. Press and hold lock button on the fob to roll windows up.  Chances are pretty good you can currently roll your windows 'up' with your fob but not down.  Give it a try.  This is one of those things that may have changed from model to model and year to year.

BdyCM (As-Built):

726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 0101 0000 0060

DDM:

740-05-01 Dxxx xx

PDM:
741-05-01 Dxxx xx

Hello Gadget, 

You make reference to a FORScan here. Is this a diagnostics tool or the downloaded app to work with a universal OBDll reader?

I need to restore my parking gridlines after a camera replacement. my $20 elm327 won't support it. Thanks 

6 minutes ago, densmreg said:

Hello Gadget, 

You make reference to a FORScan here. Is this a diagnostics tool or the downloaded app to work with a universal OBDll reader?

I need to restore my parking gridlines after a camera replacement. my $20 elm327 won't support it. Thanks 

FORScan is a program you can download and use for free (2 month renewable license).  Here's a link: www.forscan.org
Here's the catch.  Not all OBDII readers are created equal.  The inexpensive ones you commonly find on eBay will only read 'some' of the Ford's modules.  You need to use either a cabled type reader that has a mode switch built in, a slightly more expensive cabled reader that does the switching for you or a really good wireless reader if you want to free yourself from the cable and use your phone (and appropriate software) to view vehicle data.  So, more links:

Here's a switched cable type that many people use: https://amzn.to/3fsJnck
Here's the automatic switched cable type: https://amzn.to/3fqwhfs
Here's a very good wireless reader from OBDLink (works with Android): https://amzn.to/2WxbjTI
And another OBDLink offering that works with iOS and Android: https://amzn.to/2zgmqs6  (Wait for it to go on sale during Amazon Prime Days)

And finally, I'm not sure FORScan will add your camera distance lines back.  It's my understanding (possibly wrong) that is actually built into the camera.  Maybe it depends on whether you're using an aftermarket camera or an actual Ford replacement for your model year.  You'll want to take a look at one or more of the FORScan tutorials to find that information.  Here's a good one: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

Cheers!