Auto Stop Eliminator For The Nautilus

For some the auto start/stop function is a non issue. For some like myself it's an ongoing annoyance so I contacted AUTOSTOP ELIMINATOR to see if they had any plans to offer something for the Nautilus.

It turns out they do but due to COVID-19 they haven't been able to procure a Nautilus to create the installation procedure.

The 2019 - 2020 Nautilus and the 2020 Ford escape use the same module part# AE015 which plugs inline between the Gateway Module and the Gateway Module harness.  On the Escape the install takes a minute, on the Nautilus it's a little more involved. It took me 30 minutes taking my time to do the installation. Not too difficult for the average do it yourself-er providing you don't have Popeye type forearms.

I dealt with Travis the owner. He helped me out by by providing a link for the relevant information to do the installation.

I'm more than happy with the results. The on/off switch is now a true on/off function and no longer defaults to on when you start the car.

2020 Ford Escape Autostop Eliminator.png

Edited by handfiler
  • Like 2

Glad you were able to fix it fairly easily.  This was the first modification I made to my ST this past summer.  Before I even signed the paperwork, I knew I wanted/needed a solution to turn that thing off.  I had this installed within the first week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Itsdjellz said:

What’s the issue with it?

No real issues other than some people just don’t like it.  Some decide they don’t  like it before they even drive it.  Others just don’t give it a chance.   And it defaults to on at startup ever time.

I never had an issue with it aft the first couple of days,  

43 minutes ago, dajo2012 said:

What I really don't like is when pulling into garage or parking space it will shut off and back on.  The brake pedal pressure is very sensitive that triggers the start stop. 

Mine doesn't do this.  I park my F150 in the garage and I have to ease into the last foot and actually bump into the wall and it never shuts off until I put it in park and turn it off with the key.

Or are you saying that once you stop with your foot on the brake it shuts off but restarts when you put it into park?  That's normal.  There is no reason to have auto-stop-start in Park.   Once you're in Park you can turn the engine on or off yourself.

Nothing to do with park.  It just shuts of to quickly and doesn't give me a chance to move forward the last   few inches. Yes I know I can shut the engine on or off, when shut off it goes into park automatically.  Nothing like your F150.

Edited by dajo2012

2 hours ago, dajo2012 said:

Nothing to do with park.  It just shuts of to quickly and doesn't give me a chance to move forward the last   few inches. Yes I know I can shut the engine on or off, when shut off it goes into park automatically.  Nothing like your F150.

If you haven't purchased/installed the Autostop Eliminator yet, I HIGHLY recommend you do!!

21 hours ago, handfiler said:

There are less destructive alternatives. Tennis ball on a string comes to mind.

Not destructive at all.  I have pool noodles to cushion it.  I’ve used tennis balls and a laser pointer but this works well.  No damage.

On 5/13/2020 at 6:26 PM, dajo2012 said:

Use less brake pressure.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Not destructive at all.  I have pool noodles to cushion it.  I’ve used tennis balls and a laser pointer but this works well.  No damage.

Pool noodles! Now you have me thinking.

diy-garage-hacks-1-pool-noodle-wall-bumper.jpg

Edited by handfiler
grammar