Operation of Tailgate button in dash.

Just wanted to check if this is normal, I noticed that in my 2016 Edge Sport, the tailgate button in the dash panel (next to the headlight knob)  stops working as soon as I shut off the engine regardless of door lock status. If the door unlock button is pressed then it works again. If the engine was running the switch works.

Edited by omar302
Rechecked and found that what I posted first was wrong.

13 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

That doesn't sound normal.  I just went out and checked mine ('16 Ti) and that button opens the hatch as long as the car is in park whether the engine is running or not, doors are locked or not.

May I ask if you could please check this scenario?

With the engine running and doors closed, lock the doors. Then turn off the engine and open the driver's door only (without pressing the unlock button so the other doors are still locked, red LEDs would be on), does the tailgate button on the dash still work? Thanks.

Edited by omar302

32 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

Hi Omar,
I followed your instructions and....yep, the hatch opened as normal.  I 'have' noticed in he past I have to press the button with a little bit of authority.  Just tapping it often doesn't work.

Thanks for trying and informing me. Seems I have something wrong. Will have to do some investigating.