2014 Edge projector high beam issues

2014 edge sel with the halogen projector headlamps.  

When pressing forward on the turn signal lever or pulling back for flash to pass, 90 percent of the time the passenger side high beam comes on. The driver side only comes on I would say about 10 percent of the time.

I checked the fuses on the driver side fuse block and both the high beam and low beam 10 amp fuses tested ok with a meter.  I put some dielectric grease on them and re installed them.

I verified that both head lamp bulbs are working and even swapped sides. I looked at all the connectors and put dielectric grease on them too. All connectors looked ok. 

After I put dielectric grease on the connectors and fuses the symptom improved slightly but is still there.

The headlamp assembly’s do not appear to be OEM Ford, they look aftermarket because the vehicle had some front end damage before.

The only concerning connector issue I found was on the driver side (which is the light that has the issue) the round main connector just below the bulb does not make great “snap” connection. It stays in but with just a little pulling force, the connector will come out. As if the tab is not engaging the pin enough.  But that is probably due to the aftermarket assembly.

So with all that said, what else should I be looking for. Do you think the aftermarket projector assembly’s are the issue? Or could it be the turn signal multi function switch?

Also, when both of the high beams are on, they are dim. They don’t light up much further than the low beams.  Both projectors have the correct bulb for the 2014 year.

The high beams in these light (in stock form at least) utilizes the same bulb as the low beam but with a shield that moves up/down to get more light out. There would be an audible click sound when they turn on/off. My guess would be that the solenoid that moves this shield on the driver side is shot. unfortunately it is inside the light assembly and is replaced with the complete housing.

I do hear the click sound coming from them. But with them being after market assembly’s they are probably starting to go bad.

I noticed the adjustment screw last night to move the beam up or down is very loose. Sometimes I can see the vibration of the engine in the light beam because the screw is so loose.

4 hours ago, relentless85 said:

I do hear the click sound coming from them. But with them being after market assembly’s they are probably starting to go bad.

Even after hearing the click on the driver's side the high beam is still not working? If that's the case then maybe the shield is broken or loose and not moving with the solenoid.

When I hear the click on the driver side the “high” beam comes on.  But it works when it wants to.  Around 90 percent of the time it works properly. Then other times I have to push forward and pull back on the turn signal switch several times in order to get the driver side high beam to come on if it doesn’t come on.

I checked the price for some OEM head lamp assembly’s and wow the price is ridiculous!