2016 2.0L - PTU drain and fill plugs?

my2k2zx2

I'm planning on changing the PTU fluid.  What I'm seeing doesn't look like anything I've seen on other Edge PTU.  The ones that I've seen had the fill and drain on the same side.

I think mine has the fill on the side and the drain on the bottom and both appear to need a T50 to remove.  Would that be the correct fill & drain plugs?

I don't have a pic of the fill plug, but it seems you have identified them correctly, as a t50 is required to remove them.  May be a struggle to remove the drain plug with the intake tubing in place, so be prepared to remove that tube first.  Plus you don't want to make a mess if the fluid splatters all over the tube etc.

Pic of drain plug:

large.34292950_gen2ptu2.0drainplug1.jpg.0c034ea43f1b86e7435ac4a7f120bcd0.jpg

• 2 months later...

2017 Edge 2.0.  I'm having trouble accessing the PTU fill plug...the black plastic tube is in the way, preventing getting leverage on the the T50.

What is this tube?  If I disconnect the points shown, can I move it enough to gain access, or do I have to remove the entire tube?  How do I remove it?

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

forum1 copy.jpg

forum2 copy.jpg

• 1 year later...