Rust Rear door weatherstrip

Hi,

This is the second time I clean the weather striping in the wheel arch on the rear door.    I have 5000km 3100 miles on my Edge and the paint is already starting to flake under the rubber.  I am not really impressed with the paint quality on the Pearl White.  The seam sealer has some bubbles in on the lower rear door.  Anyone have these problems?  20200726_142034.thumb.jpg.425d65fdd1e1ee8b2c7750681eab9d1d.jpg

I have a 2009 mix and don't have any rust that I can find. I dont remember reading where anyone else had this problem. 

Didn't you once write that you use a hot air blow dryer to melt the ice around your doors? If so, maybe this could be a factor in rusting?

If it were me, I'd would get it fixed before it gets worse. 

7 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I have a 2009 mix and don't have any rust that I can find. I dont remember reading where anyone else had this problem. 

Didn't you once write that you use a hot air blow dryer to melt the ice around your doors? If so, maybe this could be a factor in rusting?

If it were me, I'd would get it fixed before it gets worse. 

No I don't use the hot air blower.   I went to the body shop yesterday and Ford denied my claim.  They said something about body flexing.  This is complete BS. 

• Like 1

This problem is more likely to appear on the newer generation of Edges (2015 and up) because the older ones (2006-2014) had a "one-piece" wheel opening vs. the newer ones on which both rear doors are part of the wheel opening. Road debris thrown by the rear wheels can collect there and rust could form after a while especially in parts of the country which have more dampness (slush and snow). :(

Claude.