Air springs for 2018 edge

I just added some aiflift 1000 ones on my 16 edge.  They didn't have an out-of-the-box kit so I had to take my best guess on the sizing and part number.  I'll see if I can find the part number and take a few pics.  I haven't towed anything but I do load up the car and have a platform style hitch bike rack.  So far so good.

https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/air-springs/air-lift-1000/

Thanks!

I just got an email response from them today.  They said the same thing you did - no canned kit but can measure the springs for a "universal" kit.   If you could find the part number(s) for the kit you used I'd like to match that up to what I come up with.   How hard was your install?  Any issues I should be aware of before diving in?

I used airlift 60910 kit. Seems to fit and work well. Just got back from a cross country road trip with the edge packed and a tray hitch bike rack. Installed the bags between the coils with it lifted so suspension was extended. 

Edited by mr_jason

• 1 month later...

Got the air lift 60910 kit installed today on my 2018 edge. It took about two hours mostly because I went slow to be careful so this setup will last as long as possible.

I routed the lines one to each side of the rear bumper so they are separate.  I didn’t like the idea of using the plastic T and the muffler is in the way to make things clean. I also am use to doing both airbags separately as this is the existing setup on my pickup.  

I found it easier to push the airbags into the spring without a cap on the air nozzle.  If i squished it and put the cap on like the instructions say I couldn’t flex it around to get it stuffed into the spring.  I also heated up the ends of the air line with a hair dryer then sprayed the fittings with windex to make the air line easier to seat.  

I used one hockey puck spacer per side on the bottom.  I did not use any spacers on top.  As you can see the airbag nozzle faces down.  I am not thrilled that the airlines are exposed under the control arm but I did a decent job of trying to keep it minimal.  

The manual says to keep atleast 5 psi in them I’m running at 7psi with no load and I like the ride a lot.  It’s stiffened up the rear and the edge handles a little better.  I pumped it up to 20psi and it lifted the back a good two inches.  I have a hitch motorcycle carrier coming next week it will be interesting to see how it levels out. 

Air line routing out of the bottom of the control arm up to the sway bar mount on the vehicle frame.  I left enough slack to allow for suspension travel. But sinched The zip ties tight so the lines can’t slide around. 

72543A57-93C7-478D-B884-BCEC1187D030.jpeg.5f5bba6aecb7e255b876678ced7514fa.jpeg

Air line going through the sway bar mount on the frame 

0DC22FBC-8274-424F-A382-1FE6FAEE5154.jpeg.3a296f8524424dca73a34a84c5cea23a.jpeg

Fill nozzle mounted in bottom of rear bumper just in front of the aluminum trim.  It’s not very noticeable when the car is on the ground and is easy to access for filling. One on each side passenger / driver.

DE754775-D580-4FF5-A8BE-E908C70AEAA2.jpeg.d165495fce9cd0bd67e9b1b06e0c5dbd.jpeg

Edited by Sledwrecker
  • Like 1