Downloaded wrong maps for 2019 Edge

I am updating my mother's 2019 Edge Titanium.

I downloaded both the SYNC update and the map update at the same time, in what I thought was a time saver. 

I then successfully updated the sync version to the current version as of July 2020.  There is currently an update available to 3.4.20136

However, when I tried the map update I got error 5 - LST_ERR05.  After some digging, it seems that the files and license file I downloaded are for the old version of the Sync sw and not the newer version. 

They are all 4U5T-14G421 files but the license is 14G424-CC.  The autoinstall file is looking for the files I have but is for 3.0_3.2412.18005 and I think I upgraded to 19052.

However, I  can't re-download the new maps and only get the option to purchase the usb.

Is there a way around this? A file mirror or way to reset the download so I can do it with the updated sync version? 

9 hours ago, zog010@yahoo.com said:

I am updating my mother's 2019 Edge Titanium.

I downloaded both the SYNC update and the map update at the same time, in what I thought was a time saver. 

I then successfully updated the sync version to the current version as of July 2020.  There is currently an update available to 3.4.20136

However, when I tried the map update I got error 5 - LST_ERR05.  After some digging, it seems that the files and license file I downloaded are for the old version of the Sync sw and not the newer version. 

They are all 4U5T-14G421 files but the license is 14G424-CC.  The autoinstall file is looking for the files I have but is for 3.0_3.2412.18005 and I think I upgraded to 19052.

However, I  can't re-download the new maps and only get the option to purchase the usb.

Is there a way around this? A file mirror or way to reset the download so I can do it with the updated sync version? 

The order confirmation email that you received after your purchase should contain the following sentence.

"Thank you for placing your order with syncnavigation.com on Jul 16, 2020.

If you need to access your order to download your map again, please click here"

I downloaded the map files  several times while trying to figure out why the correct map version was not being displayed in SYNC INFO.

It is a known issue that Version 3.3 does not reflect the map update after being done.  You must first upgrade to version 3.4 and then install the mapping.  If you installed the mapping before upgrading to 3.4 you can reinstall the mapping again after upgrading to version 3.4.

Thanks, but I was already aware of the 3,3 bug and had previously solved the problem with the newest update.  I mentioned it just to make the point that repeat downloads are definitely available  via the "click here" in the confirmation email.  My map and SYNC update adventure and final outcomes are well documented in earlier posts.

38 minutes ago, BillE said:

Thanks, but I was already aware of the 3,3 bug and had previously solved the problem with the newest update.  I mentioned it just to make the point that repeat downloads are definitely available  via the "click here" in the confirmation email.  My map and SYNC update adventure and final outcomes are well documented in earlier posts.

My reply was for the OP's information.  OP make sure you have the license file in the correct SYNCMYRIDE directory as well.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my OP.

I'm not having an issue with the files per se, but the fact that I think I downloaded the wrong ones.

I upgraded from 18005 build to 19052 of Sync itself successfully.  Here is the autoinstall.lst file from that (see screenshot below).

Sync 19052 upgrade autoinstall.JPG

However, at the same time I was doing that, I had kicked off the download for the map update.  The map update thought I was still on version 18005, and so I got the map files associated with that build.  I've attached the autoinstall for this as well.

Sync 18005 Map upgrade autoinstall.JPG

I think I'm getting error LST_ERR05 because the license file and map files are expecting Sync build 18005 and the Edge is running on 19052.

If I re-download from the order, won't I still get 18005 since that is what I ordered?  Is there a way to get 19052?

I'll give the cyanlabs process a whirl since I need to upgrade her to 3.4 anyway.

Edited by zog010@yahoo.com
Fix screenshot placement

2 minutes ago, zog010@yahoo.com said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my OP.

I'm not having an issue with the files per se, but the fact that I think I downloaded the wrong ones.

I upgraded from 18005 build to 19052 of Sync itself successfully.  Here is the autoinstall.lst file from that (see screenshot below).

Sync 19052 upgrade autoinstall.JPG

However, at the same time I was doing that, I had kicked off the download for the map update.  The map update thought I was still on version 18005, and so I got the map files associated with that build.  I've attached the autoinstall for this as well.

Sync 18005 Map upgrade autoinstall.JPG

I think I'm getting error LST_ERR05 because the license file and map files are expecting Sync build 18005 and the Edge is running on 19052.

If I re-download from the order, won't I still get 18005 since that is what I ordered?  Is there a way to get 19052?

I'll give the cyanlabs process a whirl since I need to upgrade her to 3.4 anyway.

Don't use the cyanlabs!!  You have a legit APIM that can be upgraded legitimately.  You are just doing something wrong.