Got rear ended

Rdodger

I just got rear ended and just purchased an 07 edge in mint condition I love this truck . The guy hit me going 50 miles an hr as I’m at a stop sign now my perfect truck is messed up I didn’t take much damage cosmetically but my check engine light is on and my oil gauge won’t move sounds like my oil is empty with that rattling noise in engine lost power when I press gas pedal I’m waiting for insurance but what can I do to still drive my truck is it screwed or do I have to reset something or did the impact cause my oil pressure to not work and check engine lights on for what reason idk looking for help

• Sad 1

Probably totaled. We got a new Edge ST because a red light runner did this to wife's 2004 Buick Rainier which insurance company totaled. Rainier only had 70K on the clock, and DW loved it. Let our insurance company handle it. Got $7129 from our insurance company that got that back from the other drivers insurance company. As soon as our insurance company gets back their 15K in medical payments back, then we talk to the other guys company about a P/S settlement for her.

Glad you are OK. Best of luck working it out, can take a while.

IMG_20200622_105128.jpg

Edited by Snoking

I guess  I should consider myself and my wife lucky.  Really old guy clips my back bumper and goes around me going well over 50 mph on a  roundabout.  Then creams a Jeep in the drivers side.  She was driving without doors on her Jeep.  Dashcam is becoming a necessity.  His insurance co. paid me in a week.  Not sure about the girl in the Jeep.  I know her car was totaled.  We were coming from the same birthday party.  I got the video to her. When I talked to his insurance co. they had a copy of the video.  I don't believe in limits on driving ages but I think past a point there should be testing especially after an incident.  She said she wasn't injured, but I bet she hurt the next day.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

• Sad 4